COMPLAINT: Singapore airlines / krisflyer miles booking

Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:11 AM
bandit bandit is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

I recently booked a flight on Air Canada using my KF miles. The ticket clearly said 2 bags included. When I went to the AC checkin they charged me excess baggage as their policy is only 1 bag (despite what the ticket said). $50 excess baggage each way.

I complained to AC when I returned from my trip. They said dont care, not our problem, speak to Krisflyer. I spoke to krisflyer and they said not our problem, AC are wrong, speak to them. I persued Krisflyer on 8 separate occasions before they finally admitted it was their mistake.

Eventually they offered me a pathetic 5000 miles rebate (having earlier said they are unable to offer mileae rebates under any circumstances) - and when I said that is not the same as $100 they said it would cost $200 to buy 5000 miles so I am getting a good deal. WTF!!!!!

I used to be a Singapore Airlines regular flyer and never had any issues on their flights. Shame the same cannot be said for their reward points system.

Old Dec 13, 2010, 2:56 AM
mars6423 mars6423 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey/Singapore
Send a message via AIM to mars6423

This is a Air Canada issue not a Singapore airlines or their Kris flyer program since it's AC operated and their policies and SQ has no power over that so giving you the miles is a generous offer since they had no control on the bag fees

I am a Singapore airlines pps card member (highest level of Kris flyer) and while I expect certain things from SQ I know and understand that other airlines even codeshare on the other carrier has different policies that must be followed
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:35 AM
bandit bandit is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

To be honest I dont care who is at fault, I should not have to suffer from conflicting policies of different carriers. I think it is unreasonable for both airlines to expect customers to be experts in global aviation law and policy and therefore ascertain which airline is at fault in this matter in order to follow up.

... but my major point is krisflyer should not have issued a ticket that clearly says '2 bags' - they should have issued a ticket that said 'bags as per standard allowance' which would cover them against all eventualities. In which case I would have absolutely no cause for complaint.
Old Dec 13, 2010, 10:12 AM

You are quite right Bandit. You were redeeming krisflyer points and the ticket set out clearly that you were entitled to 2 bags. It is ridiculous to suggest that a customer should disregard the written terms and conditions put on their actual ticket. That is the contract and I simply don't believe any court would find otherwise.

I think you should be entitled to a cash refund, but for $100 not sure it is worth the effort to reclaim it. I suspect small claims court would find in your favour, but I would take the 5,000 miles in this case.

Jim
Old Dec 22, 2010, 7:03 PM
Researcher Researcher is offline

Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher

Dear user: I am developing a Doctoral research on Mishandled baggage (see General Discussion- Mishandled Baggage Research ) Could you please, provide the airline complaint form (minus personal information) you filled with the airline or send me an email to [email protected] and I will send a survey. The survey is very similar to the one you must file with the airline and does not contain personal information.
Thanks before hand
Researcher

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 3:01 AM
dochin dochin is offline

Join Date: Jul 2011

My Krisflyer miles were expiring. I tried to redeem a business trip travel class upgrade since I do not have any personal holiday within the month to utilize my expiring miles.

Well, I did not expect it to be so difficult. I spent almost the whole afternoon unproductively trying to redeem but only to be informed each time after my seat is selected, details filled up, upon hitting "confirm" button that there is an error with the process.

I wrote an email asking for help since the line was impossible to get through but only received a reply 5 days later (my trip ended by then) from SQ that my experience was due to the website upgrade. Honestly the "upgrade" has been happening for months and problems have not ceased.

What's the point of being loyal to an airline where miles cannot be redeemed and they response only 5 days later to any complaints ?

I think Singaporeans deserve better.

Top 3 in-flight services that Singapore Airlines needs to improve NadaTsuyu Singapore Airlines Complaints 8 Nov 6, 2010 9:43 AM
Singapore Airlines - Disappointment Joe Traigle Singapore Airlines Complaints 0 May 25, 2010 4:11 PM
Singapore Airlines - fraud puerrtto Singapore Airlines Complaints 16 Aug 17, 2009 10:19 PM
Singapore airlines, don't book a ticket without reading Barbara Day Singapore Airlines Complaints 7 Jul 28, 2009 10:52 PM
Singapore Airlines - the best mars6423 Singapore Airlines Complaints 7 Apr 2, 2009 11:23 PM