COMPLAINT: Singapore Airways: Overcharging

Old Nov 23, 2007, 4:53 PM

SINGAPORE AIRWAYS OVERCHARGING.

Just to warn other travellers about possible overcharging by Singapore Airlines (and perhaps other airlines). SIA tried to overcharge me by almost THREE times for departure taxes and other charges. It was not just a single office, but several offices that made mistakes. After many complaints and a visit to their office, they reduced the charges, but they were still overcharging. They initially asked for $239 then later reduced it to $145. The correct figure was around $80. They were trying to claim that I had to pay departure taxes, despite that fact that they were aware that I was only in transit.

Not only this, but on arrival at HKG I found that my reservation for my connection had disappeared, causing a lot of problems.

Many emails to SIA, but their customer service was hopeless. Initially they tried to claim that their offices were correct. It took about 5 months to get a refund from them, and now they refuse to answer any more emails.

I will certainly be checking the taxes and charges that the airlines are asking from me, and after such bad customer service from SIA, will not be flying with them again. I would advise others to have a close look at the taxes and charges added on to a ticket, to make sure that the airlines are not profiterring from the traveller.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook