COMPLAINT: Singapore Airlines - Disappointment

Old May 25, 2010, 4:11 PM
Joe Traigle Joe Traigle is offline

Join Date: May 2010

Peter and Staff,

It all started with a lot of travel over the years, which developed into a desire to travel on what has been touted as the "best airline in the world, Singapore Air.

So, my partner and booked two Business Class seats on a trip from LAX to Singapore, on Oct 10 and then returning from "Bangkok" on Friday Oct 25th, we were excited to be able to finally experience Singapore Air.

Then the recent troubles in Bangkok erupted, and we reviewed the US State Department site which had a strong warning about travel to Bangkok. Consequently we decided to cancel the fall trip. I then called Singapore Airlines over the weekend of October 15 to discuss the situation about canceling the reservation. We were told during that conversation with Singapore Air that the airline was "waving" the cancellation fees because of the situation in Bangkok (I did not get the name of the individual or any additional information as I view this call a strictly routine).

Now fast forward to the following week, I call Singapore Air again for formerly cancel the reservation, at which time they told me I would have to pay a $1,000 cancellation fee, in addition to a $35.00 processing fee. I spoke top two supervisors and they confirm that this policy would be enforced "no exceptions."

I personally feel that this is an extremely unfair $1,035.00 charge as we have no control over the situation in Bangkok, and the US State Departments warning about travel. To say the least, I feel that action like this by Singapore Air will seriously jeopardize their good name and reputation.

Any assistance you can give us in correcting this situation would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joe Traigle

Singapore Airlines - fraud puerrtto Singapore Airlines Complaints 16 Aug 17, 2009 10:19 PM
Singapore airlines, don't book a ticket without reading Barbara Day Singapore Airlines Complaints 7 Jul 28, 2009 10:52 PM
Singapore Airlines - the best mars6423 Singapore Airlines Complaints 7 Apr 2, 2009 11:23 PM
Singapore Airways: Overcharging jeritilley Singapore Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 23, 2007 4:53 PM