Tools...

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:12 AM

Default Delta problems in Atlanta

Currently stuck at Atlanta airport since 4 pm today. It's now 11 pm. Flight out to San Juan originally scheduled to depart at 6:00 pm, then 8:00 pm & delays continued. Now flight is cancelled. Delta is blaming this on weather but word is it's actually a "hidden" pilot strike. Delta will not provide any compensation. Not helping anyone - no food vouchers, etc. offered.

Same thing happened yesterday on my flight out of Atlanta. Definitely not a weather issue.

Delta will not answer phones, long lineups for service. Just waiting to see what happens. Yesterday, they rebooked me on another airline to reach destination. No rebooking tonite. Hotels are full so just sitting with everyone else in airport.

Definitely not happy.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 12:41 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
Currently stuck at Atlanta airport since 4 pm today. It's now 11 pm. Flight out to San Juan originally scheduled to depart at 6:00 pm, then 8:00 pm & delays continued. Now flight is cancelled. Delta is blaming this on weather but word is it's actually a "hidden" pilot strike. Delta will not provide any compensation. Not helping anyone - no food vouchers, etc. offered.

Same thing happened yesterday on my flight out of Atlanta. Definitely not a weather issue.

Delta will not answer phones, long lineups for service. Just waiting to see what happens. Yesterday, they rebooked me on another airline to reach destination. No rebooking tonite. Hotels are full so just sitting with everyone else in airport.

Definitely not happy.
There were major weather issues all over the Southern portion of the United States they day you claimed to be traveling. When lightning comes within a certain distance to the airport, everything stops until the lightning passes. It can be quick or can linger. Yes your flight was disrupted. There has not been any mention in the any of the news feeds of DL pilots preparing for a strike, or the start. Your "source" is unreliable. For weather there is no compensation. DL did buy pizza for passengers that were affected by the 300+ cancelations. No compensation needed.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 1:50 PM

Default Delta delay - atlanta

Hi,
I just got home Friday at 1:30 pm. What we supposed to be a quick one night turnaround from San Juan to Toronto, turned into an almost three day ordeal. Just got chance to update my post.

Yes, there were plenty of rumours floating around airport the time I was there. The weather did turn out to be the main culprit. But believe pilot strike rumour may have started coz a number of times flights were delayed because crew did not show up or Delta didn't have enough crew to do flight.

My flight from Atlanta to Toronto was delayed numerous time & finally landed at 1:45 a.m. I ended up staying at airport thinking why bother leaving when flight out was at 9:00 a.m. Unfortunately, ended up that flight was delayed again numerous times but did eventually get to Atlanta late. Flight from Atlanta to San Juan was again delayed, delayed & was eventually cancelled. It was by sheer luck & one very kind Delta employee that I got on an 8:40 a.m. flight to San Juan Friday a.m. But it was touch & go because they only had two cabin attendants but one more showed up. Otherwise that would have been cancelled too.

All in all, an frustrating experience but one that was out of my control so just went with the flow. Back in the sunshine & warmth so everything fine now.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:49 PM

Default Delta problems

All Delta Air Lines flights from Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport are scheduled to depart on time Thursday morning after technical issues impacted operations for several hours Wednesday night. The glitch, which affected some of Delta’s applications, hampered customers’ ability to book flights, check in and board.
https://www.adequatetravel.com/blog/...rks-in-cancun/

Last edited by navya; Mar 14, 2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: link editing

More options...