COMPLAINT: Allegiant Airlines - YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:43 AM
dstewartnv dstewartnv is offline

STAY AWAY!

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR with Allegiant Airlines! Yes, the flights are cheap and alluring, but what you save in money, you give up on customer service. Their website wasn't working properly, the chat customer service agent didn't have answers, AND she didn't call me like she said she would, and I seriously tried about 20-30 times to call their offices only to get a busy signal or a voice mail that says they can't take my call? HUH??? They nickel and dime you for bags, seats, even drinks on the plane! $2 for a soda.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER again will I fly this airline. I even sent a letter to customer service via fedex (for tracking purposes!) only to receive a patronizing response in which they sugar-coated calling me a liar.

I'm a deal finder, a coupon user, a money saver.... BUT I will never fly this airline again. And I will pay double to fly Southwest or Virgin Air for the better experience.

Old Feb 26, 2013, 5:00 PM
gert gert is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013

I don't think Allegiant Airlines care about customers at all! I am in full agreement with "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" and my experience pretty much was that scenario! I was sooooo frustrated that I could not even get to a real person to explain my situation. They hung up on me three times and that was before I got really mad!! I never want to deal with Allegiant again. Either they are too cheap to hire enough customer service people or train their chat people to actually know anything about Allegiant. It's a shame. It seems once they get their money they are done with you!!
Old Feb 26, 2013, 8:01 PM
azstar azstar is offline

You don't always get great customer service from regular airlines, but one thing you will NEVER get with these "low cost carriers" is any customer service. It is simply not in their budget. They sell you tickets because they are cheap and they couldn't care less what kind of experience you have. As the CEO of Spirit Airlines has stated many times about passengers: "Let them complain. They'll be back when we can save them a penny."
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:01 PM
Der Richter Der Richter is offline

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Berlin, Germany

I am SHOCKED that these people at Allegiant only gave these people what they paid for! When I go to the gas station and pay for 10 gallons, they always give me 20. The grocery store also gives me at least 3 pounds of hamburger or every 1 pound that i pay for. Even those scum at Delta always give me first class seats even tho I only pay for economy. Who could tolerate only getting what they paid for!!!!!!!!!! I toally agree that you should pay an extra $100 to gly with a differnet airiline so you won't have to pay $2 for water.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 PM
gert gert is offline

Join Date: Feb 2013

Well, Der Richter, I was referring to the experience of no customer service. I hadn't yet had the experience of their on flight service and I'm not sure I want to. I have never been treated by customer service so arrogantly or simply ignored by any airline I've ever dealt with. I've always been able to resolve the simplest situation with a phone call or deal online with acceptable results. Allegiant has been the worst experience and there is no acceptable reason for their lack of customer service. As far as getting what you pay for, you're right, so you have cheap flights and you get what you pay for - no customer service! Bottom line - I'd be hard up to book a flight with them again. End of story.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 9:21 PM
mlegates mlegates is offline

Join Date: Mar 2013

Due to an illness, we got stuck with a large credit voucher. Unfortunately, I can't use it to book online even tho Allegiant clerks always tell me I'm doing something wrong--until they try it themselves. This has meant 2 hrs and 40 min on the phone with them, at my expense since I live outside the US, and I was cut off twice.
But it gets worse: I booked a complicated trip with car rental on the phone. I then discovered they arbitrarily and without notice cancelled the car rental, which makes the rest of the trip worthless. But they won't cancel the air portion! I can get no response, even after sending a written letter. We are seniors with a limited travel budget and this fiasco has meant many sleepless nights for me.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:44 PM
moshadin moshadin is offline

Join Date: Jul 2015

Originally Posted by dstewartnv View Post
STAY AWAY!

The issue with Allegiant Airlines is that most of their fleet are over 30 years old and purchased from third world countries with less restrictions. Have you experienced a delay or cancelled flight with Allegiant? This is due to a number of issues and one being that their planes are so old, they're allowed a certain number of hours of flight time per a day and another reason is that they overbook and don't have enough "Pilots" and they can not go over "x" amount of hours per day. Small issues are lights won't turn off, normal wear and tear, cabin door won't shut all the way, the condensation is bad, or the toilet is not functional. The delays and flight cancellations or horrible because they do not have back up. Sometimes rescue planes can't fly over right away. All these issues causes the crew to time out and the flight gets cancelled or delayed.

I've spoken to the Fleet Manager and she's a nice straight forward lady. CEO Maurice Gallagher, only purchases older planes at a fraction of the cost from third world countries. The last purchase was in the beginning of the year and they purchased three 30 year old planes from Philippines. Why would anyone on earth purchase planes from a third world country when we live in the best country in the world, USA. "It's cheap"
Maurice Gallagher's says "Allegiant Airlines is like Costco. You walk in and purchase what you like and there is no customer service" So don't expect customer service from Allegiant Airlines. You get what you pay for, no questions asked.

Allegiant Airlines is for the poor and there is no room for poor people to be complaining. You get what you pay for...
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:14 PM
Sidewaysrob Sidewaysrob is offline

Join Date: Feb 2015

OK, I will admit that the Philippines is technicaly a third world nation.

But the way you have used it tells me that you do not understand the classifiction system.

Most Americans don't.

The Philippines is was not an industrialised nation durring the cold war, was not overtly politically aligned with the Russian comunist block or American led Capitalist Block. That makes them "Third World"

Not finacially disadvantaged, poorly educated or inferior in Aircraft repair and Maintenence.

In fact my freinds from there swear at the TV every time it called third world.

More correct is "Emerged Economy"

SO if you are going to throw nasty incorrect verbage around, don't blame the people that used what stupid cheap airlines are buying, blame the stupid cheap airline.

Allegiant Airlines Flight 746 SHANE Allegiant Air Complaints 1 Jan 19, 2010 3:10 PM
Bad experience with Allegiant Airlines V. Stein-Retiz Allegiant Air Complaints 7 Aug 27, 2009 1:03 AM
Allegiant Airlines.. you get what you pay for!!! annieruck Allegiant Air Complaints 6 Jun 14, 2009 1:32 PM
Allegiant Airlines DNM95377 Allegiant Air Complaints 23 Jun 13, 2009 7:06 AM
Allegiant Airlines: Changing take off dates wiscwolf Allegiant Air Complaints 0 Oct 29, 2007 1:50 PM