COMPLAINT: Austrian airlines -never ever

Old Sep 30, 2015, 8:07 PM
Martina Martina is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

My 55 years old mother was supposed to fly with Austrian Airlines on 1st of June early in the morning from Kosice (Slovakia) through Vienna to NYC. At night she received a text message from the Airlines that her flight was canceled but that she still needs to come to the airport to change her flight. So we went to the airport where they told us that the plane didn't arrive from some destination therefore she cannot fly that day and rebooked her flight to the next day. Also they changed her flight sp she didn't fly through Vienna but instead she had to take 2 stops - first to Prague and then to London to get to NYC. We paid more money when reserving this flight to only have 1 stop not 2. Because she also had a flight in the US - from NYC to Syracuse we had to rebook this flight also to the next day.

So the next day she flew to Prague. Everything seemed to be ok until she called me that they told her in Prague they don't have a free seat for her flight to London. The reservation that was made in the ariport was probably not made correctly because the flight was fully booked and she was unable to board. They told her to wait for the next flight to NYC to see whether they have a free seat for her. As this plane was leaving later we were again afraid that she will miss her flight in the US. So at least they found a seat for her on Delta so she could fly that day.

I am trying to get in touch with Austrian Airlines since June and am asking for some kind of compensation and explanation. I only received automatic replies where they confirm that they received the email and will get back to me. I sent them several emails since then but no reply no compansation no explanation. I went to the airport in Kosice where I was told that they don't have any phone number to the team who is handling the complaints and I can either wait for a reply or write them again. Well since June it is now 4 months I keep writing them without any response.

I also don't understand why Austrian Airlines is closing the gates 1 hour before departure. My Mom was supposed to fly back home today with my sister and her 3 kids and even if it was their mistake that they were a little late, they could let them board I think. They closed the gate 1 hour before departure and didn't let them in. When you have 45 minutes to the departure and are standing in front of the gate you think it's ok. Well it's not at Austrian Airlines. They lost their tickets and had to buy new ones...they lost 5,000.00 USD because of that. Also they canceled their flight and told them they have to buy new tickets for their way back. I don't understand that. You missed your flight to Europe, ok. But they also cancel your return flight to the US? Why??? They could use those tickets, they paid for them. Didn't pay for one way tickets!

I really think there is no win with Austrian Airlines. They will not come back to you even after several emails and once they decide to ignore you you can't do anything...no customer service at all.

Old Oct 2, 2015, 9:13 PM
Sidewaysrob Sidewaysrob is offline

Join Date: Feb 2015

I recomend you contact : The Austrian government agency in charge of passenger rights at:
Agentur für Passagier- und Fahrgastrechte (apf)
Linke Wienzeile 4/1/6
AT - 1060 Wien

Tel: +43 1 5050707
Fax: +43 1 5050707 180
[email protected]

GOOD LUCK

Austrian Airlines garik Austrian Airlines Complaints 5 Aug 10, 2011 7:03 PM
If you are dealing with Austrian Airlines...... mm7977 Austrian Airlines Complaints 1 Aug 10, 2011 7:00 PM
Why I will never Travel again with Austrian Airlines deniedboardingos799 Austrian Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 4, 2011 9:17 AM
Austrian Airlines should be grounded EMGold Austrian Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 20, 2011 12:02 PM
Austrian Airlines - OS 373 Vo Paul Austrian Airlines Complaints 13 Sep 9, 2009 7:05 AM