COMPLAINT: Virgin Atlantic (dangerous bed)

Old Mar 9, 2011, 10:55 AM

Hello All

On two recent flights with Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Las Vegas, in upper class bed, in my opinion this is dangerous

1) the bed reclines OK

2) the armrest is supposed to retract when the bed is in flat / bed mode

on both flights in different beds the armrests would not retract and kept popping up into my head, on one flight the crew managed to tape the armrest down with incredibly smelly tape (black yellow hazard tape)

on the other flight the armrest could not be taped down.

As such I complained to virgin atlantic, they so far have treated me like an idiot offering me basic compensation which i could not or ever be able to use, after explaining this to the girl (Emma Johnston Customer Liaison Manager) she then offered me 80 in vouchers to spend with virgin, again not much use considering the cost of the bed and the fact they can only be spent with virgin, I have asked to speak to a manager she continually states she is a manager and will not put me through to anyone more senior.

It is now at the point of court action , still Virgin will not back down and are happy to treat their customers with contempt and no respect whatsoever.

AVOID VIRGIN ATLANTIC if you want good service
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:36 PM

Be cautious about what you are seeking. You have had the flights, so the question is how you value the discomfort. Courts are notoriously stingy about these valuations. You will certainly not get your money back if hat is what you are seeking.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 12:51 PM

not seeking full cost of flight just something to compensate for 10 hours in a bed with an armrest smacking me in the head.

they could have offered 200 partial refund or free upgrade if i bought a cheaper seat yet they offer 80 in vouchers, so it is insulting considering the amount of flights i have taken with virgin
Old Mar 9, 2011, 7:03 PM

I agree. I think you should tell them what you want. A free upgrade on next flight seems fair to me.