Old Jun 24, 2007, 5:30 PM
Barbara Barbara is offline

Join Date: Jun 2007
Default Luggage lost >2 weeks

I am complaining on behalf of my daughter, Kaitlin, who is employed on a cruiseship in the Mediterranean and does not have the luxury of time, a working cell phone, or low cost internet. She arrived in Nice on 6/10/07 and her luggage did not. She filed a complaint, included her ship's itinerary, and boarded the ship. I received a phone call on 6/11/07 from someone who stated that they found the luggage and would forward it to Naples, the ship's next port. Kaitlin never received it.

While my daughter had the port agents checking to see if it arrived at each port, I spent many hours trying to find someone who would do more than look up the same "World Tracer" web page that I was checking daily. Ultimately I got through to the NWA Central Luggage Service. They had, for some reason, declared the case closed! They reopened the case and took the new information that I provided, but did nothing else for several days. I called again on Friday 6/22 and finally got through to manager, Christine Fitzgerald who admitted that they had not called either Nice or Naples in their "efforts" to locate the bags. Ms Fitzgerald was most eager to leave for the weekend (nevermind that my daughter has been trying to work for two weeks without ANY of her belongings) but reluctantly agreed to have SOMEONE ELSE in the office call the KLM office in Nice and Naples. But of course she could not say when or if I would hear back from them.

This has gone far beyond mere inconvenience and is impacting my daughter's ability to do her job. The lack of organization and communication about what steps have been taken (if any) have made us feel that we have been left twisting in the wind.

Baggage Problems Lost luggage that was stolen toothfairy American Airlines Complaints 2 Apr 4, 2009 8:30 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked cancelling our flight 6 weeks in advance charlie Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Oct 15, 2007 11:35 PM
Baggage Problems Lost Baggage 2 weeks ago. Customer service sucks nomoredelta Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Aug 20, 2007 6:51 PM
Customer Service Lost luggage pfox American Airlines Complaints 0 May 17, 2007 1:11 PM
Baggage Problems Lost Luggage - No Help whatsoever SusanBerg American Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 30, 2007 2:46 PM