Have you had any problems with US Airways' Customer Service? Have US Airways employees treated you poorly?

Why is us air able to keep my money.

Old Jun 30, 2012, 7:49 PM

Join Date: Jun 2012

OK the ticket was non refundable, but why? I can understand a slight fee, but your going to keep all my money, plus resell my seat at a higher cost. Where does that money go? Bonuses for their executives?
My situation began as my nephew enlisted, right out of high school, in the Marine Corp, slated to leave sometime in Dec of 2012. Me, being the nice uncle I am, and wanting my nephew and my sister, his mother, to have a nice fun experience before he ships out, bought them round trip tickets from Mco to Hnl. Leaving July 10 return July 18. 35 hrs after purchasing these tickets my nephew sends me a text MSG telling me his recruiter just told him he is shipping out for boot camp July 10. I immediately called the airlines and spent probably five hrs trying to get a refund. I told US Air the circumstances, and after hearing them explain the rules over and over again to me I tried begging with "have a heart". I mean the kid is going into the Marine Corp, I would rather send him the $1,810, it cost for his and his mothers ticket, so he could spend it before he leaves. What happened to all this support our troop stuff, and memorial day. This company could care less. They should just take the US off their company name and just call it Greed Air.

Old Jun 30, 2012, 9:09 PM
azstar azstar is offline

You're not going to get anywhere with a random agent you get on the phone. They will simply regurgitate the fare "rules". You need to appeal to someone who can make a decision. State the reason for your request, and be prepared to offer proof that your nephew's leave was cancelled and he was ordered to deploy during the period for which his ticket was issued. Under the circumstances, US Airways should refund the fare.

E-mail [email protected] and copy the director of customer relations [email protected]

Good luck!
Old Jul 1, 2012, 4:36 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

So, why didn't you buy tickets that were refundable? Why didn't you purchase travel insurance? Did you buy these directly from the airline, or a third party like Orbitz?

The military does what it does, when it decides to. That's pretty universally known.

You bought the cheapest tickets, they're nonrefundable, and that's pretty much the end of the story.

And for what it's worth, I'm a Vet.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:46 PM

Join Date: Jun 2012

please your not a vet, you work for US Air.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:14 AM

I hope that is comedy.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:27 PM

Originally Posted by Oogamanow View Post
please your not a vet, you work for US Air.
Eight years, US Air Force. 43191. I'm a graphic artist now, and do not work for ANY airline. I am sick of the "I'm special because I'm in the military" mindset. Members of the military are no more special than firefighters, doctors, or cops.... or anyone else with an honest job.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:44 PM

Am I the only one that interpreted that the OP thought Gromit801 meant veterinarian and not military veteran??
Old Jul 2, 2012, 7:05 PM

Join Date: Jun 2012

Ok vet, they stopped using military I'd #s in the early 70s' and went to social security #s. You say" you don't work for the airlines", so you just sit around all day and and try to slam anyone wwho has a complaint.(over 8000 posts?)
This web site is run by the airlines an so was that so-called passenger bill of rights. You say your tired off the military thinking their special, well good tell all the advertisers to stop waving the flag in our face, the military is not doing it
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:22 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

You're barking, you know that? I have 675 posts, not over 8000, even says so right there to the right of my name.

You know nothing of the military. 43191 is the old USAF AFSC code for Aircraft maintenance, twin engine, supervisor level. Now they call them MOS codes, and they're different.

This website IS NOT run by the airlines you blithering twit. It's entirely privately owned by someone else entirely, and not the airlines.

No, I check in once in awhile to see who else can't take responsibility for their own mistakes, which seems to be 85% of all airline complaints.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 2:45 AM

Join Date: Jun 2012

I,ll take responsibility when the airlines do the same. How many times have the airlines been bailed out with tax payer money? Let's see, file bankruptcy so you can get rid of your pensions , which are then picked up by the PENSION GUARANTEE FUND ( the tax payer) , re-organize and collude with other airlines, so you don!t compete yourself out of business. It's called the AIRLINE INDUSTRY but should be called THE AIRLINE WELFARE STATE. Too big to fail, Now UAL merge s with COA, DAL merges with NWA, US AIR merges with AMERICA WEST( how's that going), soon there will be just a few so they can run the show. So AIRLINE SYMPATHIZER I guess your for bail outs.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Continental Airline stole my money. Rjordao Flights Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked 2 Jan 28, 2012 12:13 AM
Suggestion Money means more than people lifenbloom Alaska Air / Horizon Air Complaints 7 Jan 27, 2012 4:59 AM
Aa.com Unsafe, You May Loose Money oscarg AAdvantage Complaints 4 Dec 5, 2008 2:07 PM
Customer Service Hold your money! Chev Southwest Airlines Complaints 2 Dec 5, 2008 12:36 PM
Reservations Do not use aa.com, you may loose a lot of money oscarg American Airlines Complaints 8 Nov 25, 2008 11:59 AM