Etihad Guest Complaints

View Poll Results: Do you think Etihad can ever improve such a pathetic state of customer service?
No, not in near Future 4 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Etihad Guest Not Crediting Miles

Old Aug 22, 2012, 5:25 AM

Rossei and mathaidinu,

Thank you both for your posts.

Please could you send me your contact details/Etihad Guest Numbers etc by DM and let me look into this for you, and I will do my best to assist you.

I cannot reply to the DM's due to site restrictions, however your requests will be processed.

Kind Regards

Cazzi
Old Aug 22, 2012, 3:56 PM
mathaidinu mathaidinu is offline

Cazzi,

Thanks for looking into this issue, i have direct messaged details to you.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks,
Dinu.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:57 PM
Rossei Rossei is offline

Location: Canada

Cazzi,

I got a reply today from Etihad Guest referring to my feedback online (I suppose this is re: the DM I sent you). I also got access to my mother's previous account where no miles were added.

So, there is no mile credited either to my wife or my mother yet. Should I try crediting miles in my mom's previous account though I want all her miles claimed in her new account. Please, advise.

Thanks & regards--
Hasib
Old Aug 26, 2012, 5:30 AM

Hi Rossei,

I would recommend you reply to the email outlining exactly what it is you want to do, and I am sure they will assist you with the best option.

Thank you.

Cazzi B
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:43 PM
mathaidinu mathaidinu is offline

Join Date: Aug 2012

Thanks Cassi for making this happen , I just recieved an email from Etihad that these miles have been credited and has been transferred to my (head of family) account.

After all I dint make a bad decision when we decided to fly with Etihad again at the end of this year.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:19 AM
daveedjackson daveedjackson is offline

Join Date: Nov 2012

As a last resort i have decided to post to this forum.

I used the earn mall, as i recently moved house and needed quite a few bits of furniture. I logged into the earn mall and was faced with a 7miles per offer with MADE.com and thought brilliant.

I made all of the purchases and very happy with the products. But still haven't received this "too good to be true" offer.

I firstly contacted the Etihad Guest services department, who advised i should email which i did, then fill in the online form for missing miles. I called again and emailed an agent directly. I keep getting the generic email back giving me a link to the online form, which again i have now filled in 4 times. I have now also tweeted etihad, with a reply telling me to again send all of the information.

One of the replies i received from an advisor states:

"It is frustrating for me as well that I can't help you with this situation.

I can't do anything at the moment except forwarding your documentation to the relevant department, but I can't gaurantee how long it would take for them to get back to me and the previous agent has already done it many times and still not getting the answer.

I can forward the email once again if you want me to do, it won't be a problem for me.

But the best advice I can give you at the moment is to send an email to [email protected] explaining what's happened, and if they regard it as reasonable then, something will be done on their end and they'll get back to you as well.

I am really sorry again about everything."

So i also then emailed this address. Again no response or acknowledgement of getting the email. I called Etihad Guest services in Abu Dhabi, and again was told that i could only email the department, and they would look at it when they could. I adviused them that i already had emailed that email address with no reply.

I am very confused and appalled that they can offer this kind of deal/service but not give customers any support when it doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind, but i am still owed over 25000 miles from this offer, and at a loose end to what i can do next.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:59 AM

IIf you PM Cazzi you may have a positive response. She has been very helpful and responsive to other complainants.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 6:48 AM
Berwick11 Berwick11 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2013

My wife and I have always travelled together and never had a problem with air mile credits etc., but, since flying Etihad, I have had to contact them after more than one flight to request that our guest points be credited to our accounts.

While I have had no problem receiving my points and have been awarded silver tier status, my wife has received only some of the air miles and remains on the basic tier.

Unfortunately, my wife, who is a very nervous person, will have to fly without me in the next couple of weeks and I will have to join her later.

I had tried to reassure her that she would be able to go to the Etihad lounge and remain there between flights if she only contacted Etihad to ask them to credit the guest points as she, too, would then be awarded silver-tier status.

She contacted Etihad who promised to credit the missing points and also to send out a new silver tier card within 6 to 8 weeks. Needless to say, she has received neither, despite the fact that I have also contacted Etihad on her behalf on several occasions since and, when my emails have actually been acknowledged, which has not always happened, further promises of action have been made but nothing has ever materialised.

While we have always found the in-flight service on Etihad to be superb, we have been very disappointed with the Etihad Rewards system and, as we travel regularly to Australia, I wondered if anyone on here can give any advice on how to resolve this problem or, alternatively, can suggest other airlines where one does not need to fight to receive the promised rewards?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 1:00 PM

Dear Berwick11,

Thanks for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble claiming missing Etihad Guest miles. In this case, the best thing to do is to email your booking details to us at **********************. We can then use these details to credit any missing miles as soon as possible.

Again, please accept our apologies.

Yours Sincerely,

*RE
Old Oct 29, 2013, 1:48 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

lukafon lukafon is online now

Angry Shameful experience of Etihad Guest dealing with earnmall
It is is pure desperation of the shocking and downright lazy representatives at Etihad that I am writing this complaint, it has been weeks now and I am just going round in circles. Basically I always order anything I can through the earnmall, including holidays on expedia, and goods from John Lewis. This has worked fine up until April of this year then I stopped seeing any points from Etihads merchants appearing in my Etihad earn mall account. I have sent my reciepts for these transactions to Etihad guest and they have done nothing, all they have to do is add them up and credit me my rightfully owed miles. I am a silver member with their Airline and all they have tried to do is pass the buck because one of them cannot be bothered to do some adding up and give what is rightfully mine. if any of the Etihad staff read this, I have emailed Charmaine Ante, Elsa Nunes and all have failed to credit me my miles, ive been given loads of silly refrences (ACCT:294153 and INTR:15257319) preferring to send generic replies without bothering to read any emails. Even going as far as contacting the merchants which I have spent money with - some of these merchants customer services have no idea there is an Etihad Guest Mall, so there is no way for a customer to get to the bottom of the issue. It has to be done through an Etihad rep to expedia or john lewis or whatever to sort out the problem. I have spent over 6854 since april all through the earn mall, and I have earned precisely nothing. With expedia for example you get 2 miles for every pound spent. So I am owed over 13000 etihad miles!!!!!! And they cant be bothered to see that, its basically theft!!!
Old Oct 29, 2013, 2:09 PM

Try sending a message to Cazzi the Etihad representative on here. She is very helpful, but there really does seemto be a big problem with the miles scheme at Etihad. There are numerous complaints on these boards about issues. It sounds to me like there is a significant systems problem there.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:58 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

I will definitely give Cazzie a PM I hope she can sort it out - this was the latest from a new representative who just couldnt be bothered to read my post it would seem. I emailed him back.--

Dear Mr. Farrell,
Thank you for sending us an email on AirlineComplaints.org.
Having read it, it seems that you are having an issue while trying to get your miles credited for your previous flights?
Could you please send us more details, copy of your boarding passes at ********************** so that our dedicated team can investigate and get back to you.
Thank you.
Kind regards.
Gregory Ceschin
Online Community Officer

To which I replied
Dear Gregory,

This is precisely what I am not trying to do. If you read the post you would know this. I suppose you think I took a flight on a washing machine I bought from John Lewis also and want my airmiles? Expedia is just a merchant in your earn mall like 100 or so others such as PC world, John Lewis, Argos.co.uk. You click through to those retailers and every pound or dollar or dirham you spend with them converts to a certain amount of etihad miles which are then in your earnmall. Just because expedia is a travel website dont let that confuse you - whether I flew on Etihad or any other airline doesnt matter, or even hired a car for that matter - every pound I spend there entitles me to 2 etihad miles, again if you had bothered to read the post I sent you before this reply -you would know this.
I have no re attached all the correspondence here - go and read it. Oh and also here is a copy of the transactions made up until the last time I was credited, you can see it has nothing to do with flying - just money spent through your earn mall at various merchants. Now look in attachments - there are all the subsequent itineraries which you have not credited me with that were all made through the earn mall. What you have to do is go throught them add up the totals and credit my account with the corresponding miles - its so simple its a wonder its taken you all so long.
Merchant Transaction Amount Transaction Date Miles Earned

Expedia.co.uk GBP 1476.32 30.05.2013 3663 approved

Holland & Barrett GBP 55.35 21.05.2013 393 approved

Expedia.co.uk GBP 171.35 10.05.2013 123 approved

AbeBooks.co.uk GBP 19.08 01.05.2013 68 approved

Expedia.co.uk GBP 220.13 01.05.2013 159 approved

sincerely Luke Farrell.Can Gregory just send it to the person who knows about the earn mall rather than this its soooooo frustrating.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 7:06 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

i think also Cazzi may have been replaced with Gregory Ceschin - he was the Etihad representative that contacted me. I feel like I'm starting all over again with the explaining. i wish they would just forward my email to the techies in charge of the merchant referrals on the earn mall - theys get to the bottom of the problem. Simple! Going back and forth with various customer service reps has so far been a waste of time.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 9:58 AM

Join Date: Oct 2013

This is the latest - I hope this serves as an accurate representation of how Etihad deals with simple queries. So that people can see how they may be treated. The latest email has asked me to wait for their 'dedicated team' for 'investigation'. After I have waited a month already.......

Dear Mr. Farrell,
Thank you for sending another email explaining your situation.
I have reviewed your emails sent today and I have forwarded them to our dedicated team for investigation.
They should get back to you within few days. In the meantime please do not hesitate to let us know if you need any assistance.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Kind regards.
Gregory Ceschin

and my reply.

Dear Gregory,
Can you please tell me who you will be sending it to, as far as I am aware from etihad representatives - there is no dedicated team for this type of investigation
Luke Farrell.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 12:49 PM

Join Date: Oct 2013

This is the latest, another of Etihads representatives who has not taken the time to read and understand the problem

On 31-Oct-13 12:03 PM, Etihad Guest Silver wrote:
> Etihad Guest Number:
>Dear Mr. Farrell,
> Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre with your request.
Having checked your account, we can confirm that you have been receiving miles towards purchases made towards the Earn Mall as below:
***LIST OF WHAT I COULD SEE ALREADY IN MY ACCOUNT****
For your transactions with Expedia.co.uk for September and October 2013, once you have completed your stay and we have received merchant confirmation your miles will be credited. We have also escalated your concerns to the merchant and once we have a revert from them, we will correspond with you accordingly.(been waiting one month already!!)
>Should you require any further assistance, please contact us.
> We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.
>Yours Sincerely,
Elsa Nunes
Etihad Guest Services Team

and my reply
Dear Elsa Nunes,
I could have told you that from what I can see myself in my earn mall. Why would I waste my time or yours disputing transactions that are already in my account? What I am disputing is what has NOT appeared in my earn mall subsequently. As you can see I have completed my stay on all the itinerarys I have made if you care to look at the dates so what you have said about 'completed your stay' is invalid. Please explain what you meant? I have also made a purchase on the 12 september to John Lewis for 469.00. That was for a washing machine which has been delivered it was also done through your earn mall, where are my miles for that also, that does not require me to 'completed my stay' does it? There is clearly something broken on the technical side of your operation dealing with your earn mall, I suggest rather than try to fob me off with silly 'procedural requirements' and invented 'dedicated teams for your enquiry' and other such avoidance that you simply apologise to me for this mistreatment as a silver member of your programme. Admit there is a problem and credit me the miles I am due.

You can reply to this thread on airline complaints.org

Sincerely Luke Farrell.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 12:34 AM

Join Date: Dec 2013

I've called and emailed Etihad multiple times regarding my kids missing miles for my Kids even though we went through the process of initially claiming the missing miles on October 20.
My kids travelled to India on July 23 from Toronto to Trivandrum via Abudhabi and returned on Sept 17.
I initially talked with Etihad on October 20 for claiming missing miles and my daughter got the complete miles credit.
However, my son Hashir did not get any credit at all. My other son Haafil got partial mileage credit with the exception of Abudhabi to Toronto sector. The total missing miles due to my kids are 12222.

I'm losing trust with Etihad.

I'd appreciate if any one had the similar experience and how they got the miles due to them back.

Please give your feedback.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:44 PM

Join Date: Dec 2013

One of the Etihad reps emailed me recently and he is looking into the issue. Per him, Etihad had emailed me in the past requesting me to send the documents in either JPEG or PDF. I had originally sent them in Zip files and they couldn't open it. I've resent them again in jpeg and pdf and waiting to see what happens.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:33 PM
MNQ MNQ is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

Hi !

I've had it all : delays, no boarding pass for the second leg, delays, unfriendely emails, sex-cange....

Read about it on this LINK
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:10 PM

Join Date: Dec 2013

Even though, few weeks ago, I indicated some one from Etihad is looking into the miles credit issue..no progress..Now..I give up..I've lost my trust with this airlines and they just lost my respect..I've important stuff to do in Life than dealing with these bunch of inefficient teams...my 4 months ordeal with this team is down the drain..
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:34 PM
junelle junelle is offline

Join Date: Feb 2012

I am absolutely disappointed with the kind of service provided by Etihad guest. I made a missing miles claim for my dad and I in November. We took a Sri Lanka from Singapore to Paris, Rome to Singapore. Till now, only my dad miles (family) has been credited to my account in late December and huge portion of my miles expired on 31 Dec 2013. If not for the fact that Etihad guest took so long to process my missing miles, I would have redeem award flights.

And till now, the missing miles has not been in yet. They are NOT replying emails. What kind of service is this?

I will hesitate to take Etihad airlines ever again. Dealing with such incompetent people is the greatest insult ever.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:17 PM
MNQ MNQ is offline

Join Date: Jan 2014

from Etihad.
They are sorry.
They are very sorry.
BUT...
There's nothing they can do.

In Dec. I was told to make the ticket 'sleeping'' and I could wake it up anytime before sept 2014.

Now, it appears,waking up the ticket attracts penalty.
Also cancelling has a penalty.

BUT there is no penalty for putting ''guests'' tru hell when they try to fly.

The website however states :

1 conclusion : never try Etihad ! You'll be dissapointed
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:48 AM
menona menona is offline

Join Date: Jul 2014

Hi,

My entire family had accumulated over 100,000 miles in several years by making so many trips to India. On June 19th, I received an email from Etihad Guest Services saying that out of that some 77,000 miles will be expiring on June 30th, 2014. However, on June 30th, when I tried to convert or use the miles, they had already expired even though it was still June 30th in Chicago. It looks like they expired the miles on Abu Dhabi time. I called Etihad Customer Service in USA immediately and they suggested that I send an email to [email protected] with the date still showing June 30th and they should be able to credit the miles back to the account. However, several days later I received a standard email from Etihad Customer Service that the miles were due to expire in two years and reminders has been sent regarding this. They failed to note that the miles had expired while it was still June 30th in Chicago. I replied explaining that the miles had expired while the local date and time was still June 30th. I have not heard back from them yet. Please see below acknowledgement from Etihad Guest Services that clearly shows that when I sent them a complaint email it was still June 30th. Thanks.

menona

Etihad Guest Jun 30
To
Ashok Menon
Thank you for emailing Etihad Guest.
We have received your email. As one of our most valuable members, one of our team members should get back to you within the next 72 hours.
In the meantime, are you missing miles from your account? Click here to claim your missing miles online.
We would advise you to always keep your account profile up to date by clicking here so that its easier for us to contact you.
Thank you for your patience.
Kind Regards,
Your Etihad Guest Ivory Service Team
N.B. For urgent queries requiring immediate attention, call our Global Contact Centre: Click here for a list of telephone numbers.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:08 AM
su2nil su2nil is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

This is really frustrating. The miles has become a lure for airlines to keep bringing back the customers. But than these conditions does not allow you to accumulate these beyond a point.

"etihad guest", "missing miles", etihad, miles

Worthless Miles nancysue AAdvantage Complaints 3 May 9, 2012 4:05 AM
Etihad - False promise about guest miles offers... cheated by etihad Etihad Guest Complaints 7 Apr 27, 2012 5:00 AM
Etihad Guest Customer Service guy.liddell Etihad Guest Complaints 1 Jun 5, 2011 7:53 AM