Old Aug 9, 2014, 1:58 PM
gjazz gjazz is offline

Join Date: Aug 2014
Default Illegal Cancellation Charges

Hi,

I have made booking through internet for 2 tickets for my wife and for my daughter travelling on 29th Aug 2014.
Booking Reference U***A

There were going to be end moment changes or cancellations hence I had booked a refundable ticket with assumption it is fully refundable.

I wanted to cancel the ticket and I called global contact centre for that as they do not allow cancellations through website. I was informed that for all cancellations through global contact centre they charge 120 AED per ticket.

This is cheating. So basically you want to run contact centre on our money against cancellations. When I booked the ticket it said clearly No Cancellation Charges against the ticket. Nowhere on the fare rules document , you have mentioned that ticket cancellation is only through global contact centre and that is chargeable.

And if that is the case, then allow customer to manage their booking online and allow me to cancel the ticket myself as other airlines do.Paying 120 Dirham to cancel 250 Dirham ticket on my daughter(1 yr old) is criminal. And if this is your policy/fare terms and conditions, why are they not mentioned in fare rules document? Why is it hidden?

This is my 2nd worst experience with Etihad. I am thinking of forming a FB page and informing all my friends.
Tags...
cancellation charges, criminal, etihad

reporting illegal company flights micro General Discussion 5 Jul 11, 2013 1:12 PM
Suggestion Mileage redemption -- illegal business practices ivaneli45 Spirit Airlines Complaints 1 Sep 1, 2012 6:52 PM
Frequent Flyer Program clearly illegal jputneyjr American Airlines Complaints 4 Aug 10, 2011 11:33 PM
Delta - Allegation of illegal activity AirlinesMustPay Delta Air Lines Complaints 25 Oct 19, 2009 3:41 AM
Baggage Problems Illegal Donation of Luggage to Charity Dave Delta Air Lines Complaints 12 Feb 16, 2009 12:02 AM