Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:15 PM
arun.mendi arun.mendi is offline

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default Etihad airways fooling customers

I would like to bring to your attention an issue through this email. My name is Arunish Mendiratta, and I had booked two tickets through the website Priceline for an Etihad Airways flight traveling from IAD to DEL on 5th Nov 2014, for both of my parents.
One of these tickets needed to be changed to 20 Dec 2014, but by mistake, wrong date was communicated to the travel agent, and the itinerary was changed to 20 Jan 2015 instead of 20 Dec 2014.

Initially we didnt notice it, but upon realizing that the date on itinerary was wrong, on 7th Dec we called the Etihad Airways to correct this, as my mom (who is the person travelling on this ticket), can, under no circumstances, stay till January in USA. The customer care representative told me that the airlines understands my problem that my mom can not travel that late, and were ready to wave off the second time change fee. But after looking into more details, the representative told me that the ticket had been done through an agency (priceline) and they had no authority to change this ticket. Eithiad agent said - "this ticket is locked for us and only agency can change this, so call the agency and they will be able to change this for you and will also wave the fee".

On calling Priceline.com, their agent told us that the change fee goes to airlines and they cannot wave this fee in any case. Now, I had to get the ticket changed in any case, as it was never intended in the first place to be for January, and my mom really needs to leave in December only, so I had to get the ticket changed through them, despite the fact that they charged me a second-time change-fee, and the full fare difference, despite explaining the whole situation again and again, and telling them that even the Etihad airways representative was ready to wave-off the change-fee if he could change my ticket.

I hope you understand that this situation made me feel like I am stuck in between the agent and airlines. Airlines want to wave off this fee but cannot as this is agency booking and on the other hand agency cannot wave this fee as this is charged by airlines. So my question here is, if the airline understood my problem and could wave it off, who did this second time change-fee go to?

I would like to bring your attention to the fact that, in the end, i am Etihad's customer, as i am travelling through Etihad airways flight, not through any flight operated by Priceline!! Then why cant Eithiad customer care help me in this? Once booking is done, shouldn't it be Etihad Airways who should be taking care of my itienary and other things, and not some agent? Are there any priceline agents on the airport to check-in my luggage?? Are there priceline air hostess on the flight, who will serve??

Another thing, when I changed this ticket, Etihad Airways was running a promotion for "Cyber Monday", and was giving 30% off on the bookings. When I requested for a change I was not even given this promotional rate and was charged in full. I checked on the website, and no where in the "terms and conditions", it was specified that the promotional rate is not valid for any changes to itinerary. I am a returning customer, the Airlines should have, infact, honored me this rate. Instead, the Etihad Airlines representative told me that the airlines will be charging me a second time change fee + difference based on full price of the ticket, if they were to change the itinerary for me.

Please find the attached screenshots of the "Cyber Monday" promotion and you will find that in the terms and conditions, no where it is mentioned that a changed ticket can not be treated as a new one, or that the promotion is not valid for changed tickets.

Also, I am copying both the priceline(agency) and the Etihad airlines on this email, as I believe that being the customer, I, am being bounced between the two, and being fooled, as it should be clear if the airlines can understand my problem and wont charge any change fee, then why cant the agent confirm from the airlines regarding the same, as they (agent) claim that they pay this change-fee to the airline, and don't keep for themselves!

I request for waving the second time change-fee as the Etihad customer care representative mentioned and also request to honor me the promotional rate that was going on for "Cyber-Monday".

Name of Passenger- Kamini Mendiratta
Priceline Ticket Itinerary #23611821262
Trip Locator: 3AS6GX
Record Locator: WJNKIL
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:40 AM

Hi there
We are sorry to hear your feedback. It sounds like you have not received the service you expected. This booking was made through a third party company Priceline. Normally when you enter into an agreement with a travel agent they are responsible for any changes you want to make and they should be contacted to make those changes on your behalf as they are acting as your agent. We can change your booking if your agent is closed and you need to travel urgently but we do this only when your agent is not able to assist you. You are Etihads guest of course but the agreement you entered into was with Priceline. It is your agent who issued your tickets and took payment. They have control of your reservation. In any case if you would like us to look into this issue for you please email [email protected] and we will do our best to assist you. Thanks *DP
Old Dec 15, 2014, 7:38 PM
arun.mendi arun.mendi is offline

Join Date: Dec 2014
Default Do you really want to resolve this

Are you seriously interested in resolving this issue or you are just saying this on the open blog so that people count this as "resolved".

I tried emailing you on that email address but this is not the correct ID, I tried three times using different mail services and my email was rejected every time.

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:
[email protected]

Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's e-mail provider rejected it.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:23 AM

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Hi there, apologies for the confusion. The correct email address is : ********************** Thank you *LK
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:43 PM
MarcisV MarcisV is offline

Join Date: Jan 2015
Angry

Hi Arun,

Did they help you to resolve the issue? I also get the feeling that all they do is football the blame around and completely have no interest in helping customers. Look, honest mistakes always happen and companies to whom customers are the main source of income should understand that. Good customer service would be Etihad representatives getting in touch with agencies together with the customer in order to resolve the issues. Instead they just point fingers, hide behind "rules and regulations" and **** off their OWN customers (read - destroy their reputation).
It does not matter that the agreement is with the agency, they are just a broker, a middle man. The money went to Etihad so please actually do something and help your customers!
Old Jan 8, 2015, 11:16 AM

Hi Arun,

Apologize for the confusion.

Please send your request to ********************** for further assistance.

Thank you!

Yours sincerely,

Online Community Team
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:01 PM

Join Date: Mar 2015
Default Did it get resolved?

Hi Arun

Did you situation get resolved after emailing [email protected] ?

I too have similar situation like yours.

Thanks
zust4you
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:53 PM

Default Etihad Airways

Dear zust4you,

We would like to help, could you kindly confirm if you have sent over this experience to ********************** if so kindly let us know and we will look into this for you

Kind regards

*GW

Online Community Officer
Old Mar 20, 2015, 12:01 AM

Default I have emailed you

Dear Etihad Representative,

I already emailed you yesterday. Please check your inbox. I will email one more time.

Thanks
zust4you
Old Mar 20, 2015, 3:40 PM

Join Date: Mar 2015
Default Got call from ETIHAD.

Just got a call from ETIHAD customer service at 2:00 am in the morning.

He still repeats the same story. Since it's a codeshare (Involving one more airlines other than Etihad in itinerary), they can't do anything. He was asking me to cancel the ticket (If I do this I don't get any money back), and then buy a new one.

There is one thing I haven't been able to understand is that although it's a codeshare, the other airline in the itinerary also has ETIHAD flight number. When I try to buy the same ticket from ETIHAD.com, it also shows the other airline ticket in conjunction with ETIHAD airlines ticket. If Etihad itself is trying to sell the same ticket through their website, why can't they change the name on the ticket??? Why do they bring up the issue of codeshare????

No one from Etihad seems to be able to help.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:36 PM

Default Etihad Airways

Dear zust4you,

We are sorry to hear this disappointment and understand these frustrations. In order to explain this our team will be able to help, we would ask you to contact our team using this link http://bit.ly/1utCVW1 they will be happy to go over this with you.

We hope this helps and if you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards *GW
Old Mar 25, 2015, 2:44 PM

Join Date: Mar 2015
Default Post the response here.

Dear ETIHAD Rep,

Thanks for your suggestion, but I have done that numerous amount of time, and I don't think it's going to change.

In order to be transparent can you please post the response here so that everyone can read it. All the posts I see from you are asking customers to contact customer service. If you stand behind your rules and regulation, why don't you post the message right here. Everyone will have a chance to know how idiotic your regulations are.

Just an FYI, have you realized that the highest number of complains in this website are for your airlines. You probably don't need any explanation behind it.

Wish I had come through this website before purchasing the ticket.
Tags...
customer care, etihad, ticket

Customer Service US Airways Steals From Its Customers saundraenglish Customer Service 16 May 14, 2013 3:21 PM
Baggage Problems US Airways Defrauding customers! SHAYINLV Baggage Problems 8 Mar 24, 2013 12:58 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AirBerlin (now merged Etihad) does not care about customers Hherrmmann Etihad Airways Complaints 1 Jul 31, 2012 1:57 PM
About Cathay Pacific fooling their own customers sujayshah Cathay Pacific Complaints 5 Oct 7, 2009 12:29 AM
Customer Service ETIHAD airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 8 Oct 20, 2008 7:22 AM