Reservations

Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:40 PM
rohitrao rohitrao is offline

Join Date: Sep 2015

Etihad Representative,

I am travelling in December, 2015 with your airline to Abu Dhabi, from Chennai, India. I've made a mistake entering in my name while booking the ticket and hence the name on the ticket does not match the name on my passport.

First Name on Ticket: Rohit
Last Name on Ticket: Rao
(This name matches my Driver's License, my PAN Card and Bank Details.)

But,
Given Name in Passport: Rohit Rao
Surname in Passport: Vantaram

I have mailed Etihad but received no response. On contacting the helpline, I was told that the only solution was to cancel and rebook.

These are refundable tickets but I really CANNOT AFFORD to lose half the ticket price. And all for a name change, at that! I've read online that it can be done for a fee. I simply just have to add one more word. Also I've brought this to your notice well in advance, over three and a half months before departure. Please help. It is just an addition to the already given name.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

Old Sep 14, 2015, 4:38 PM
Etihad Representative Etihad Representative is offline
OFFICIAL AIRLINE REPRESENTATIVE - ACCOUNT SUSPENDED DUE TO NON-RENEWAL

Location: Abu Dhabi - UAE

Dear Rohit,

Thank you for letting us know. Kindly email us your booking reference and contact number with country code to ********************** so we can look into this for you. *JS

airline, etihad, name change, ticket

Mileage Plus issue adamsfour Mileage Plus Complaints 2 Jan 22, 2014 2:41 PM
Reservations Zero warning of flight change AND seat change AND loss of premium seat without refund ABrown Reservations 2 Feb 19, 2012 4:08 PM
Customer Service Spirit $170 price change issue Saltador Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 29, 2011 6:34 PM
Check-in / Boarding Another Boarding Issue RanMan Southwest Airlines Complaints 3 Apr 4, 2009 7:30 AM
Customer Service Safety Issue - Patricia Pretty Air Canada Complaints 0 Jul 14, 2008 7:40 PM