Customer Service
COMPLAINT: Very poor service from baggage department

Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:38 AM

On August 9th, I went to the baggage claims department at Calgary to report damage to a suitcase - a wheel had come off.

Kelly, the attendant, was EXTREMELY rude, for no apparent reason other than possibly having a bad day! When told that wheels are not covered, I asked what the exclusions were, unaware that there was even a list I could refer to. She says, "I am not going to read it all to you!" and suggests I look at the list. Then, as I was waiting for her to input the information, I asked if there was a phone number where I could contact someone. She responded, "Can't you see I am entering the information in? Wait and I will give it to you".

If this is the kind of callous rudeness I am subject to, Air Canada will never be on my list again. I flew twice since then, using American and Continental. I have a plan in place. Anything but Air Canada. I don't appreciate being treated like cattle.

I suggest Air Canada clean up this nest of vipers in the Calgary baggage department. This is not the first time this has happened. In contrast, the check-in agents and in-flight crew are simply superb! If there is any reason I ever return to this airline, it will be because of them - not because of the unprofessional, uncouth baggage claims department. Apparently, they don't seem to enjoy working there!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook