General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

No show clauses

Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:50 PM
davecs davecs is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016

I've just written this on the British Airways sub-forum:

Now, I want to know, which airlines operate this no-show clause? Which do not?

Does anyone have a list?

Old Feb 7, 2017, 2:03 AM
Flyaway Flyaway is offline

Join Date: Jan 2017

I recently came across a check in policy I have not previously encountered after many flights. I understand the reason and need to get passengers checked in and to the gate on time but, if you have rules, you have an obligation to adequately inform people of those rule. I was deemed a no show by Emirates even though I did not get any advance notice, I tried to check in online way beforehand and then at the terminal, they had 6 automatic chrck in kiosks that were out of order. I had 30 to 40 minutes from the time I got my boarding pass to make it to the gate. Given the proximity of the gate and the short lines, I would have made it easily. Ironically, I was at the airport way early and saw how empty it was and decided to have breakfast at the terminal cafe before checking in. Previous experience waiting in tne gate area was horrible due to unruly children with irresponsible patents and the airline employees doing NOTHING to demand children do not behave as wild animal in a public area.
Okay, they tell me " rules are the rules", but then in my now, many hours of waiting at the gate area. I witness rules being ignored left and right. Emirates should be ashamed of their business practices and the extra $750 they got from me will cost them 20 times over with the frequency I travel and having a large circle of friends who travel that I will influence. They put the IRATE in Emirates.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:25 PM
davecs davecs is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016

Originally Posted by Flyaway View Post
I've found that the full-cost airlines are the biggest crooks. They also charge ridiculous amounts when they have you over a barrel!
Posted via Mobile Device

Check-in / Boarding No-show clause BA887 davecs British Airways Complaints 0 Mar 25, 2016 10:43 PM
Check-in / Boarding Booked show dog not allowed on plane dss5staf American Airlines Complaints 5 Dec 5, 2013 11:09 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked No Show Policies mrdspatel Emirates Complaints 1 Aug 26, 2013 12:35 AM
Reservations Entire trip will be cancelled if I don't show up at the 1st airport Goldenfish American Airlines Complaints 10 Dec 28, 2012 8:36 AM