General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

American doesn't seem to know a thing about customer service

Old Apr 26, 2016, 8:06 PM
jhsdavis jhsdavis is offline

Join Date: Apr 2016

I fly on American Airlines quite regularly because of their dominance in the Pittsburgh to Charlotte route. My complaint is that sometimes my TSA pre-check number is included on my boarding pass, and sometimes not (and yes, I do have a "Known Traveler Number). I have spoken to AA several times, both via email and voice-to-voice. They try to say this is the fault of TSA rather than AA, but they are the only airline where I have this problem, and I have told them that. I also told them that I spoke with TSA, and they confirmed that it is an airline problem.

I recently sent an email to AA telling them once again about this problem after having no TSA pre-check either way on my flights last week. I suggested that they not simply put only my first and last names on my boarding passes, but that they use my full name. This was suggested by the person I spoke with at TSA.

What really annoys me about this situation is that I received an automated email response from AA telling me:
With regard to your comments about passenger and baggage screening activity, to ensure the continued improvement of the airport screening process, the U.S. Department of Transportation has asked us to advise customers to contact the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) directly with feedback or issues concerning security checkpoints. I'm certain an automated system of some type picked up on the word TSA in my email, and then I received the "send this guy the TSA response email."

Now, the email also said that, "I've shared the details you provided with our General Manager and our Corporate Security personnel." Now, I would love to hear from the General Manager, but I won't be holding my breath until that happens.

Long story short(er), while I find the AA service at the airport and on-board to be adequate, I find the lack of attention I receive from the AA customer relations group to be far below my expectations. Oh, what I would give for another airline to be able to provide me with timely transportation on the Pittsburgh - Charlotte route.

Virgin American Airlines: worst customer service Kdechon Other Airline Complaints 4 Apr 18, 2014 8:34 PM
Customer Service delta customer service doesn't care unhappy delta Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Feb 2, 2012 5:58 PM
Customer Service Cheated out of $60 by baggage handler; Customer Service doesn't give a damn Miffedman American Airlines Complaints 1 Jan 18, 2012 12:43 AM
Customer Service at American Airlines--Non existant! sbison American Airlines Complaints 2 May 26, 2011 2:30 AM