General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

American Airlines lost bag.

Old May 24, 2016, 10:08 AM
Tom Leadbitter Tom Leadbitter is offline

Join Date: May 2016

Hi,
On the 2nd February AA misplaced my bag on a flight from Beijing to Dallas. This happens, so no big deal. I expected the bag to turn up a day or so later. Hah.
The company told me to buy replacements for what was in the bag. I did this, but only as and when i needed the items and did not go on a spree, and only bought mid range items that i absolutely had to. I deliberately did not replace any high end items, like my $1000 shaver, $300 boots, $450 coat and so on. My bag took 3 weeks to materialize.
I submitted a claim on the 16th Feb and i'm still awaiting reimbursement. To add insult to injury, i have been told that they will not be paying the full amount, but a percentage of the claim.
All of my emails are either ignored or replied with those useless automated responses.
Anyone else had anything like this and if so, what was the outcome/ what did you do?
Happy traveling.

Baggage Problems American Airlines lost my baggage teej23462 American Airlines Complaints 1 Jul 14, 2012 8:43 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked American Airlines has lost another (previously loyal) customer [AA225/AA226] Susan American Airlines Complaints 4 Oct 29, 2008 4:52 PM