Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: 91 yo with Parkinsons and 81 yo wife treated badly

Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:10 PM

My father who is 91 with Parkinsons and my 81 yo mother were traveling from Ohare airport to Hartford, Ct on frequent flyer miles for my dad's sister's funeral. They arrived at the airport at 11 am and were told the flight was canceled. They ended up on another flight later in the day and after sitting on the tarmac for 2 hrs, that flight was also canceled. After deplaning they were told they could not get out until 10:30 pm The agents did not care that my dad was old and in a wheelchair and treated my parents horribly. They finally got an agent to put them on a Delta flight that went to Laguardia, NY where they had to rent a car and drive to New Haven, Ct. They got to the hotel at 1:30 AM after 15 hrs of travel. The next day after the funeral, my father was admitted into the hospital after experiencing extreme exhaustion. He is still in the hospital and I am worried about him surviving this horrible ordeal. I am a frequent traveler and have had similiar experiences but I am not 91 years old and am very healthy. I will never fly United again after the way my parents were treated worse than cattle by non caring United employees who just don't give a d#*@!.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook