General Discussion

For General Airline matters.

US Airways Steals Money from Passenger

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:23 PM
Tmeisne Tmeisne is offline

Join Date: Dec 2011

I wrote to the president and vice-president of US Airways regarding a policy error communicated to me by their employee in April and I received a "form" letter in response. They did not accept responsibility for the misinformation I received and refused to satisfy my request for either a refund or a full credit.

In summary, I had reservations to fly from Florida to Philadelphia in April; the dates of my plans changed by 1 week so I called to change the reservation. I was told to CANCEL the reservation to AVOID paying a change fee and re-book the flight. I paid for the new flight and thought I could use the credit at another time. Because I believed the information was true, I did this 3 more times; totally 670.00 out-of-pocket. When I tried to use the credit toward my next flight, I was told I needed to pay the 150.00 dollar change fee x4. That means out of the 670.00 credit, I have 20.00 left to fly.

These policies are ubsurb considering people live very dynamic and ever-changing lives. I think US Airways needs to stop suffocating it's customers and take a lesson from reservations at South West Airlines. They could also use a lesson in Customer Service from LL Bean as well. This needs to stop; I will never fly US Airways for pleasure or business.

Qatar Airways dumping passenger Friend350 Qatar Airways Complaints 3 Dec 5, 2011 2:28 PM
qantas steals frequent flyer points victory Qantas Complaints 3 Jan 31, 2011 1:44 PM
South African Airways Steals From Passengers [email protected] Other Airline Complaints 2 Aug 12, 2010 4:20 PM
Reservations Do not use aa.com, you may loose a lot of money oscarg American Airlines Complaints 8 Nov 25, 2008 11:59 AM