General Discussion For General Airline matters.

Tools...

Old Dec 16, 2010, 6:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher
Default Mishandled Baggage Research

Dear Airlinecomplaints.org users:
I am developing a dissertation project, on the subject of mishandled baggage, which could be of interest to you, and any airline around the world. The U.S. airline industry during 2009 mishandled 3.88 bags per thousand transported passengers, an improvement compared with the year 2008; however, the issue is latent and the solutions seem to fall short under the philosophy of customer service.

The dissertation project I would like to develop will address the problem from a different perspective in order to uncover patterns of baggage handling during the reception, inspection, transportation or delivery of checked baggage and their significance associated with the mishandled baggage. Academically speaking, the mishandled baggage issue has not been addressed at all creating a gap in knowledge which together we could address. If this research positively affects the knowledge we have and contribute to strengthen the customer service expected in this area, we could minimize the annual rate of mishandled baggage and save money to the airlines, increase the airlines' customer service satisfaction, and positevely affect the security procedures followed by TSA at the airports.

I am aware of the concern about the need to protect the users ‘ privacy; however, I assure you, it will not be an issue. The data I must collect for the study need not include personal information. As a researcher, I am asking for copies of the mishandled baggage report (minus personal data) for passengers who filled a complaint with the airline for lost, delay or mishandled baggage. My approach, if you allow me, I will contact you if you have posted a threat about mishandled baggage, or you may contact me. Once again, you may fill a questionary I am providing or send me the airline form used to communicate the mishandled baggage incident with the airline. The questionary form is similar to the one used by airlines minus personal information.

The dissertation project will serve to complete my academic requirements for a doctoral degree on Management and Organizational Leadership from the University of Phoenix (UOP). If you have questions, I will be ready to answer them

Sincerely

Gustavo A Varon
[email protected]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:08 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Researcher
Default Mishandled Baggage Survey

Dear Airlinecomplaint.org user:
Here is the survey for those who would like to see it before contacting me by email [email protected] When you answer the survey, I will need as much accurate information as you can give. The size if this survey is 64.5Kb and the allowed for the site is 19.5Kb; that is the reason, we must use the email I created to receive the surveys.

Thanks for your answers before hand. Please, respond the following questioner and email it or send the copy of the airline claim you did (minus personal information) to the following email [email protected]
1. Occupation: __________________________________________________ _____
2. Gender: Male ____ Female _ ___ Age _____
3. Claim
Type of Claim: Your luggage was (Mark with an X only what applies to you):
Damage ____ Delay ____ Lost ____ Pilferage (Missing a content) _____
4. Did you file a claim form with the Airline? Yes _____ No _____
5. What airline was responsible to receive the claim? _________________________
6. Are you a member of the airline miles program for the airline you identified at question number 5? Yes_____ No _____
7. Did you by any kind of Travel Insurance Yes______ No _____
8. Include Your Complete Itinerary
From(City State, Country)
To (From(City State, Country)
Airline
Flight
Date
Time

. Time, provide the exact time, and indicate if AM or PM
Did the flight depart On time ______? , Late ______?
9. Luggage
Number of Pieces checked ______
Mark only what applies to you:
Number of pieces and weight: Damaged ______, Weight _______Lbs and/or
Number of pieces and weight: Delayed _______, Weight _______Lbs and/or
Number of pieces and weight: Lost _______, Weight _______Lbs and/or
Number of pieces and weight : Pilferaged ______, Weight _______Lbs
Did you pay excess baggage Yes _____ No ______
Where did you check the luggage Curbside _____, Airport counter _____, departure gate____
Other, Explain __________________________________________________ ______________________
How long time prior to the flight did you arrive to the airport approximately? ______ Hours
Where did you last see the luggage? __________________________________________________ ____
Did the baggage clear customs? Yes_____ No ______ Not Apply ______
Was the airline notified of loss immediately? Yes _____ No ______
Date and time of the notification __________________________________________________ _______, What office? __________________________________________________ ____________________
Was the notification done in person ____ by phone ____ Fax ____ email _______ Other (Explain) __________________________________________________ _____________________
Was the claim notified to other airlines? Yes _____ No ______ Not sure _____
If the claim was not reported immediately, what was the reason for delay? __________________________________________________ __________________________________
Was excess valuation purchased at time of check in? Yes ____ No _____
Have you or any member of your household filed another baggage claim with any airline in the past 3 years? Yes _____ No ______

Additional Comments:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________________
9. Baggage Description
Did you place a particular mark on your luggage to make it look different from the others?
Yes ____ No _____
If answer to the above question is Yes, How did you mark your luggage to make it look different?:

10. Please, provide the follow information as accurate as you can
Type of Luggage
Color
Brand
Material
Date Purchased
Original cost
Do you have a Receipt

11. Description of contents
Quantity
Article
Color
Material
Brand
Date Purchased
Original Price US$
Do you have a
Receipt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 29, 2012, 4:28 PM

Default Mishandled Baggage Research

Hello every one my name is macro and i am from Singapore...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:37 PM

Hello nice to meet you

More options...