Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 28, 2009, 2:15 AM
joy105 joy105 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2009
Default So called Saver Award cost $240

Ever since Alaska Airlines wanted Delta Airlines to buy them out, the award program and fees have gone to the dogs (same as Delta's who I never cared for). I just got back from a trip to Utah, where I did a partner award travel with Delta through Alaska Airlines.
Booking fee (I couldn't get seats online at alaskaair.com - even though seats were available, just not online) so I had to phone: $15.
Partner booking fee for Delta $25.
Baggage to SLC (2 bags) $40.
Return travel ticketing fee (no computer available to me, couldn't check in online) plus 2 bags fee on Delta, total $60.
I had to re-book my return flight fee (you have to book a round trip with partner travel) $100.
Total: $240.
If Alaska Airlines wants to follow Delta, then they need more flights, more seats, and more awards available. Getting "saver" seats on Delta is pretty easy, but not so on Alaska Airlines.
Would I like the fees built in to the fare? YES.
Would I switch to Southwest Airlines if they came to Alaska? YES YES YES!
Two years ago I would have told you I love Alaska Airlines. Now the opposite is true. They stink.

FINNAIRs so called Campaign tianjinmac Other Airline Complaints 3 Oct 14, 2009 10:47 PM
Frequent Flyer Program Problems Booking Award Travel drjabberwocky United Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 28, 2007 8:41 AM