Check-in / Boarding
COMPLAINT: denied boarding for undisclosed medical diagnosis

Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:32 PM

Bought a return ticket for my filipina sister in law and her 9yo daughter. The lil one is suffering from a heart condition called PDA and since it was her first long flight we thought it could be a good idea to book oxygen onboard. Which we did, for the outgoing flight but she didn't need to use it for one second. Before the return flight we went to a cardiologist who issued a medical report saying that she is OK to fly without any mention for oxygen. Therefore for the return flight we didn't consider necessary to book oxygen onboard.
Then guess what? Qatar Airways chose to disregard the last cardiologist report and claimed that based on her diagnosis she must have oxygen onboard, therefore denied boarding without the possibility of a proper refund.
I mention that despite her condition my niece doesn't show any signs of weakness or anything that might lead to assumptions that she needs oxygen onboard.
I asked Qatar Airways for the medical report they based on the denial of boarding and they say its confidential. Now I think it is just bull**** and their only "diagnosis" was the fact that for the first flight we asked for oxygen and it appeared in the records.
Since the denial of boarding occurred in Bucharest airport, I wonder if there is anything we can do to get a proper refund from Qatar Airways or some sort of compensations because the whole situation seems very unfair to me as a payer of the ticket and the passengers.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
abuse, denied boarding, medical, medlink, qatar airways