Baggage Problems
COMPLAINT: BA poor lost luggage customer service

Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:58 PM

I find it ironic that I prepaid for a third piece of luggage on my flight from FRA to Philadelphia, BA 69 on 6 January, and arrived in Philly without the most important piece of luggage, my clothes (currently winter with 10F or -9C). Interestingly enough BA was able to tell me as I arrived in Philly that my luggage was not on the flight. This impressed me and I was hopeful to see the missing piece of luggage show up at short notice... 2 full days later (9 January), calling twice 1-800-828 8144 and listening to an automated message, does not bring this luggage situation closer to a resolution. Apparently the bag is now in Philly, with no further information. Would it be too much to ask to speak to a representative to have an ETA for delivery? I stopped flying LH for a similar situation that became too surreal to take LUFTHANSA seriously when it comes to customer service (baggage handling is outsourced to a third party provider). At this rate, we will all be forced to fly SINGAPORE, VIRGIN ATLANTIC or EMIRATES whenever possible, because most US and European airlines do not care about customer service anymore...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook