Tools...

Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:26 AM

Thumbs down Stranded:2 consecutive cancelled flights, bad [email protected] 3rd flight in diff city

To embark upon a Spirit Airline flight is to expose yourself to a negligent, incompetent, and dangerous trek.

July 19th my family of 4 arrived at Ft. Lauderdale Airport, were told a bunch of wrong info regarding lines to stand in, which snaked out the door for "Fast bag drop", then were informed our 8:20 pm flight was CANCELLED. We were booked on another flight for the next day, the 20th, and had to pay for a hotel out of our pocket. When we arrived the next day, the next, rebooked, flight, was CANCELLED too. We complained and were told they could put us on a flight out of MIAMI, an hour away, on American Airlines, and they would send us there in a shuttle. I said fine, just review the paperwork, and make sure all is in order. They reviewed everything, and sent us on our merry way, in a van, from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami. In Miami we were informed by AA that Spirit had written the tickets for us incorrectly, that they had scheduled us for a date a month away. Now comes the fun part! We tried calling them! Eventually, about an hour or so later, we reached a fellow, in Russia? Kasakstan? Phillippines? India? NOt quite sure... but what I am sure of is that he told us to go back to Ft. Lauderdale and rectify the problem ourselves.

This, ladies and gentlemen, was our introduction to Spirit Air.

"Applause"

Any suggestions for remedy??? Thank you.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:22 PM

Too late now, but in the future, always fly airlines that have multiple "interline" ticket agreements. Sometimes you have to insist, but when there's a serious delay or cancellation they can reroute over another airlines system. Super cheap airlines like Spirit normally won't do that. They'll only give you a refund or offer another Spirit flight, sometimes days away. And Spirit is especially notorious for not caring whether you ever fly them again, or not. Their CEO has public stated "they'll be back when we can save them a penny." Utter contempt for their passengers.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 8:22 PM

If you can document what Spirit did to you, I would sue. Whilst they are very aggressive, they cannot lie, mislead or not take responsibility fr their mstakes and their liability for that. Take them to small claims
Tags...
Tags
spirit air awful, spirit air horrible, spirit air incompetent, spirit airlines awful

More options...