View Poll Results: How can Delta improve?
Reimburse your passengers when you've screwed up 1 100.00%
Train your employees in check in procedures 0 0%
Send baggage on the right plane 0 0%
All of the above 1 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:46 AM
frequentflyer7T frequentflyer7T is offline

Join Date: Apr 2008
Unhappy Delta ripped me off!

I was scheduled to leave from LAX airport on Delta flight 74 to Atlanta at 8:45 AM, April 5, 2008.
I waited in line at baggage check-in 90 minutes prior to boarding. Their sign stated 45 minutes, so I was there well ahead of schedule. Unfortunately, the only guy at baggage check-in moved at a snail's pace. I only had 4 people in front of me, so I was sure it would be fine. By the time he got to me,he said he would have to take me inside. He had my ticket and went behind the counter. About 15 or 20 minutes later he reappeared, led me to a phone, handed it to me, and said it was too late to get on my flight as he walked away! I then hung on the phone for another 10 minutes before someone finally came on.
When I booked another flight, I was told I would be charged an additional $549.00. They had me over a barrel.
My original flight was still on the ground! Finally, a "lead agent" at the Delta counter told me I would be reimbursed. I wasn't!
I have attempted emailing Delta's customer service several times and always get a negative reply. To make matters worse, they left my baggage in Atlanta where I connected to another flight.
There has got to be a way to be reimbursed for their errors and ineptness.

Customer Service Delta Airlines are liars and they RIPPED ME OFF! bartrobinson Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 18, 2009 4:43 PM
Customer Service Group Travelers Ripped Off DeborahATL Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Mar 14, 2008 9:29 PM