Reservations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:06 PM
sblythe sblythe is offline

Join Date: Sep 2018

I just made reservations to fly to London next summer. I paid almost double to get "Premium Economy" class seats with a little extra legroom for my wife and I. A LOT of money. Then when I went to select seats I had to pay $60 each seat each way to select a seat! That was an extra $240!! They did note, however, that I did not have to pay that - I could wait until 24 hours before the flight when I got my boarding pass and get a "free seat". It just happens that I would like to sit next to my wife, so I coughed up the money. They should tell consumers what the seat is really going to cost when they are deciding to buy the ticket! (Yes - they give you 48 hours to cancel it, but I have no idea how much the regular ticket really is anyway, once you "buy" your seat assignment. Just charge for the damned seat without misrepresenting it!!! I will look more closely at other airlines in the future.

fees, rip-off, seat assignment

Reservations Prefered seat Paul Richardson Singapore Airlines Complaints 0 Aug 25, 2017 12:41 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Stealing the seat Drmosely Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Jul 19, 2015 3:51 PM
Customer Service Broken seat for $42, on BA likare British Airways Complaints 2 Jun 1, 2013 12:19 PM
Reservations Zero warning of flight change AND seat change AND loss of premium seat without refund ABrown Reservations 2 Feb 19, 2012 4:08 PM
Reservations USAir seat choices and seat assignment ElderBarker Reservations 4 Mar 23, 2010 5:42 AM