Check-in / Boarding
COMPLAINT: Gobsmacked with British Airways: To Fly. To Serve, well fly mainly...

Old Oct 31, 2012, 4:23 PM

Gobsmacked with British Airways: To Fly. To Serve, well fly mainly…

I travel regularly on business and try to fly BA as much as possible. As usual I downloaded my boarding pass using the BA app on my BB for both my outbound and return flight as I was travelling out and back on the same day.

I had seat 7A for the return flight but when I came to board the plane, they told me that I hadn’t checked in. When I enquired how I could of obtained a boarding card without checking in I was met with a shrug of the shoulders and a ‘well the scanner has rejected it’ comment in a tone that implied I was in the wrong. Furthermore, an already printed boarding card for the very last row of the plane was handed to me in a way that suggested it was almost a form of punishment!

No apology, no explanation or an offer of a seat close to my original seat as shown on my electronic BOARDING PASS (no, the plane wasn’t full).

Not what one needs or expects from an airline whose strap line is To Fly. To Serve!!! At least there is a choice to most European destinations…..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Jul 6, 2013, 3:57 PM

Hi working for BA im actually aware how random, problematic and generally error ridden the app is. Almost every update fixes some problems and creates new ones!! Its main problem has been checking people in without iffering any seat choice at all! My advice is if you can check in on a computer ( pc or laptop) do that then choose the option to collect on your phone.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook