COMPLAINT: No other options

Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:16 AM
gshankle gshankle is offline

Join Date: Feb 2016

Flight was delayed. We had 10 minutes to get to our next connection. The agent told us our flight had already left. My traveling companion had to work the next day at 8. The next available flight was the NEXT day at 130p. American's next and final option was to offer a hotel at a distress rate. They did not solve our problem. I had to rent a car and DRIVE myself to my final destination in order to be on time. Submitted a complaint on aa.com. Got an automated response stating they were not liable for my missed flight or the delay. A refund for the flight MAY BE available in 4 to 6 weeks, but not for the rental car. This airline should not offer connections that are not possible to make. It was impossible for me to travel through two terminals in 10 minutes to catch my flight. Their representative showed no empathy and was acting like I was the reason my connection was missed. Someone really needs to investigate how often passengers miss flights and have to rent a car to reach their destination due to American Airlines' insubordination. I will no longer use their "services."

In-flight Issue No meal options on a 12 hrs flight irfan Etihad Airways Complaints 3 Dec 3, 2014 9:05 PM
Royal Air Maroc cancelled flight, offered no options! tdavid50 Royal Air Maroc Complaints 0 Nov 11, 2014 5:58 PM
Delta Introduces Smart Travel Pack Options A320FAN General Discussion 0 Sep 14, 2013 9:26 AM