COMPLAINT: Does American Airlines do anything right??

Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:14 PM
Rtownshend Rtownshend is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016

I have never had such a horrendous travel experience as the one I just had trying to return from Ft. Lauderdale with American Airlines. Our flight out of Lauderdale was delayed, first by 15 minutes, then by 45 and then we ended up taking off 1 hour and 30 minutes late. Our departure gate was changed 3 times before we finally boarded. We missed our connection in Charlotte and I have never been treated so badly by customer service. No one was willing to help at all - we were shuffled from flight to flight and trying to get on by flying standby and ended up stranded in Charlotte. Any compensation for hotel?? Of course not!! We waited outside at the airport for over an hour for our hotel limo because there were so many AA customers stranded.

It's a shame that customer service is non existent and no one cares at AA. I will never fly them again - I would prefer to pay double rather than deal with them. Thanks for ruining a great vacation American Airlines - I will let everyone know what a great job you did!

Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:46 PM
alwaysflyin alwaysflyin is offline

Join Date: Apr 2013

Just curious, what was the reason for the delay out of FLL.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:31 PM
Rtownshend Rtownshend is offline

Join Date: Mar 2016

There was a thunderstorm and flights were delayed but most flights had maybe 15-20 minutes . American was the only airline with extended delays on all flights.

clueless, jerks, no customer service, rude

Customer Service American Airlines drterryhooper American Airlines Complaints 0 Jan 7, 2016 11:27 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Ho Ho Ho from American Airlines Mlbmd66 American Airlines Complaints 1 Dec 30, 2015 7:08 PM
Check-in / Boarding this is a BIG THANK YOU!!! to american airlines.....I think? glennjridge American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 15, 2014 2:54 AM
American Airlines Siberian American Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 19, 2013 11:19 PM
Shame on you US Airways and Kudos to American Airlines and United Airlines ruth1swaby Customer Service 1 Jul 11, 2011 11:21 PM