Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked
COMPLAINT: Does American Airlines do anything right??

Old Mar 20, 2016, 8:14 PM

I have never had such a horrendous travel experience as the one I just had trying to return from Ft. Lauderdale with American Airlines. Our flight out of Lauderdale was delayed, first by 15 minutes, then by 45 and then we ended up taking off 1 hour and 30 minutes late. Our departure gate was changed 3 times before we finally boarded. We missed our connection in Charlotte and I have never been treated so badly by customer service. No one was willing to help at all - we were shuffled from flight to flight and trying to get on by flying standby and ended up stranded in Charlotte. Any compensation for hotel?? Of course not!! We waited outside at the airport for over an hour for our hotel limo because there were so many AA customers stranded.

It's a shame that customer service is non existent and no one cares at AA. I will never fly them again - I would prefer to pay double rather than deal with them. Thanks for ruining a great vacation American Airlines - I will let everyone know what a great job you did!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Mar 21, 2016, 2:46 PM

Just curious, what was the reason for the delay out of FLL.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:31 PM

There was a thunderstorm and flights were delayed but most flights had maybe 15-20 minutes . American was the only airline with extended delays on all flights.

Tags
clueless, jerks, no customer service, rude