In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: Won't be flying First class with AA again

Old Dec 28, 2006, 1:47 AM
deRaujo deRaujo is offline

Join Date: Dec 2006

On 10 December 2006 I flew from Sao Paulo-Miami in First Class. I hadn't flown American internationally for ten years or so. I hope that at least another ten years go by before I have to fly them again. Check-in was chaotic with First, Business and Advantage Platinum all sharing the same two agents. The lounge was tired and old. It is clear to me that US domestic carriers that offer three classes of service do so only to be able to accomodate their elite frequent flyers' upgrade needs and to provide comfortable seating for their employees. I suspect I was the only idiot who actually paid for his first class ticket on last night's flight. The flight attendants do not appear to take their jobs seriously. Singing, laughing and loud banter coming from the galleys on a regular basis. I noted that one of the flight attendants was either sleeping or eating; I never saw him actually tend to a passenger or carry out any of the usual FA functions. No, he was not dead-heading; he was in full uniform. OK, in fairness I did see him "disarm the doors for arrival". The F cabin was between 25%-30% occupied by AA employees and/or their loved ones. About thirty minutes prior to boarding there was a mad rush to upgrade passengers. Hence a full F cabin, few if any having actually paid for it. I won't pay for it again.

In-flight Issue First class ticket, Economy class service...no more Delta lori29 Delta Air Lines Complaints 2 Jun 26, 2009 7:02 PM
In-flight Issue The scariest landing of my twenty years of flying- AA1735 josefina stubbs American Airlines Complaints 6 Feb 4, 2009 5:55 AM
Customer Service Problems flying First Class Darole1 American Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 30, 2006 3:32 AM