COMPLAINT: Spirit Airlines customer service - NOT!

Old Jun 11, 2008, 4:31 PM
asbaker asbaker is offline

Join Date: Jun 2008

We have been flying Spirit 5 times a year between ACY and Fort Myers, FL for at least 6 or 7 years. In addition to the new fees for everything (including luggage and now for seats), customer service has gone down the tubes.

It is almost impossible to get a person to help us.

There are 2 ways to make contact and I do not know which is worse.
1) Call their phone number (1-800-772-7117) and get a busy signal or wait in a queue for an hour or more or have it hang up on you.
2) Use their online help for ask a question and then choose to write your own question. In this case you get an immediate confirmation and incident code emailed to you. BUT their response, if ever made, takes weeks.

Am I the only one having trouble with contacting Spirit for help?

I am ready to switch airlines for our frequent flights to Florida. But would that be going from the frying pan into the fire with worse customer service?

Old Jun 11, 2008, 5:48 PM
Butch Cassidy Slept Here Butch Cassidy Slept Here is offline

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nearest Airports: COD, BIL, WRL

As you know, Delta Connection is your only other option out of ACY. And, yes, they are worse--more expensive for one thing.

I would try catching the NJ Transit train from either Atlantic City Convention Center (the NEW facility), Absecon, or Egg Harbor City. Get off at 30th Street Station, Philadelphia, then transfer (in the same station,) to the SEPTA "R1 / Airport Line" train. The SEPTA train stops at every terminal except the US Airways commuter terminal. The stop for Southwest Air is the end of the line--Terminal E.

At Philly Airport, your best bet is Southwest, followed by Air Tran. Avoid US Airways like the plague!

Links for information:

NJ TRANSIT TRAIN: http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/rail/r0090.pdf

SEPTA TRAIN: http://www.septa.org/maps/click_map.html

PHILLY AIRPORT: http://www.phl.org/terminal_map.html
[B][I][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial Narrow]We HATE to fly--and it shows![/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=navy][FONT=Arial Narrow][/FONT][/COLOR][/I][/B]

Last edited by Butch Cassidy Slept Here; Jun 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 9:24 PM
asbaker asbaker is offline

Join Date: Jun 2008

We don't live in ACY but like to use the airport. Newark is closer than Philadelphia but both are possible. ACY has raised the parking rates to $8 a day for long term so we're not doing much worse going elsewhere!

We still have 2 flights to go on Spirit plus a 3rd if we want to use our $314 voucher so we're stuck for a while.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:04 AM
Jetliner Jetliner is offline

Join Date: May 2008

The problem these days with Spirit (not that they were ever great to start with) is that they are trying to mimic RyanAir in Europe with all of the fees. Unfortunately everything else has kind of gone right down hill with it.

I've spent many years in the airline industry, and very little scares me, but I will say that there are two airlines that I will never set foot on, one of which is Spirit (the other is Cayman Airways).
Old Aug 18, 2008, 2:33 PM
Salove Salove is offline

Join Date: Aug 2008

I booked tickets last April for our yearly trip in October on Spirit Airlines as we have flown with them for the last 5 years. The tickets began costing me approximately $600 for two. I am now up to approximately $850 for two with all the "extra" fees. I can't wait to see the next thing I will be purchasing. Unfortunately this will be the last year due to the lack of customer service received after they have rescheduled my flights without notice after I had already made my seat selections in which I already paid for. I was told that "the seats I chose are already taken and that they have reassigned seats although not together. If I wanted to sit with my companion I could wait to see if the other party would switch with me." There is no way to contact a manager or superior of any sort. I suppose this is due to the lack of service they already provide and that they are well aware of it.

Unfortunately I have not found a truly honest and customer friendly airline that will work for me except for Airtran but their flights are limited and do not fly to all the places I have to go. I guess the bigger the airline, the worse the service. It's too bad!
Old Apr 11, 2009, 8:57 PM
ryanairdontcare ryanairdontcare is offline

Join Date: Apr 2009

recruitment scam
RYANAIR AND AGENTS ARE DOING A CABIN CREW RECRUITMENT SCAM,PLEASE BEWARE,SIGN OUR PETITION AGAINST RYANAIR.THANK YOU

TERMINATING PROBATION CABIN CREW TO KEEP TRAINING COURSE'S FULL.
CHARGING 2300Euro EACH STUDENT.

Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:07 PM
cjh cjh is offline

Join Date: Apr 2011

Customer Service, what customer service. You have to be able to actually speak to a human to received customer service. I was unable to make my flight last evening (I booked the incorrect outbound date), I rebooked my flight for this evening and when I called Spirit Airlines was was connect to a man who just kept repeating, I know, I understand but you have just forfeited your entire trip. I explained that i re-booked for this evening and he again said, I understand....you forfeited your entire flight, frustrated I asked for a supervisor and stayed on hold for 45 minutes and finally gave up. Sent an email to the company that bounces back, the help button on the web does nothing, the local airport - Ft Lauderdale advised me that Spirit Airlines disconnected all there incoming call lines (as she laughed and said my guess is they don't want to speak to customers). I unfortunately paid cash for my tickets so I have no means of recovery. I am committing to a 1 year campion to bad month them, Facebook, twitter, Blogs. I plan on wearing an Spirit Airlines screwed me shirt ever time I travel, which is 3 times a month for business.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 6:41 PM
adamr adamr is offline

Join Date: Sep 2011

Originally Posted by asbaker View Post

It is almost impossible to get a person to help us.

There are 2 ways to make contact and I do not know which is worse.

Am I the only one having trouble with contacting Spirit for help?

I found their phone number quite easily. They answered my call after waiting for about 2 minutes and answered my questions. Yes, they may outsource their first line to India, but so does AT&T, Dell, IBM, and most large companies now.

If you want concierge service, pay the extra money.

Reservations Spirit Airlines ebnnj2004 Spirit Airlines Complaints 5 May 29, 2012 4:36 PM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Spirit Airlines: NEVER AGAIN! Kevrab Spirit Airlines Complaints 7 Jul 19, 2009 6:01 AM
Check-in / Boarding Spirit Airlines jackie101 Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 28, 2008 4:45 PM
Baggage Problems Spirit Airlines Leftbehind Spirit Airlines Complaints 3 Jul 29, 2008 12:18 PM
Customer Service Spirit Airlines ivan Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Nov 20, 2007 1:38 AM