COMPLAINT: Malaysia Airlines - What a nightmare!!!!!

Old Dec 3, 2010, 7:32 AM
BoshofB2 BoshofB2 is offline

Join Date: Dec 2010

Just before I say anything - I have send this exact complaint to Malaysia Airlines customer care 3 times now with no response what so ever.... They have just totally ignored my complaint although I receveid read receipts for everyone....

Malaysia Airlines what a nightmare!!!!! Guys, you turned our holiday in a nightmare!!! I just don’t know where to begin to complain.... OK - We had to bookings, one for my family and one for friends. When we arrived at JHB airport, (luckily well in advanced) for check in, the people couldn’t find our booking… (KXC85) After standing at the check in counter for over an hour, the people sorted out our flight… Because our flight was moved (by Malaysia Airlines) we had to spend a night in Kuala Lumpur. I asked the girl at the booking counter what is going to happen with our luggage (because I was afraid that they will send it directly to Manila and that it will land on the carriage band and we won’t be there to pick it up until the next day) and she ensured me that our luggage will be kept in a safe place at Kuala Lumpur airport until our flight the next day to Manila. When we went to check in the next day at Kuala Lumpur for our flight to Manila, I was informed that my flight to Manila was cancelled….. After spending more than an hour at the check in counter again, the flight was sorted out, but then I was informed that the flight was full and we cant get seats together (my son is 2 years old and my daughter 3…) after almost having a fit just there, they then got us seats together… When we arrived in Manila we waited at the carriage bands and we only got one of our 5 suitcases… Then we were told that one of our suitcases were left in JHB and the other 3 arrived in Manila the previous day and after not being picked up, they were locked up at the customs counter, unfortunately, the customs officer where not there and we had to wait 2 hours for him to come and release our baggage. The other bag that was left in JHB will only arrive in Manila the next day and then they will forward it to our Hotel. At the end, we had to retrieve the bag from Caticlan airport on our own cost… My suitcase was damaged, I had Shampoo bottle in my vanity bag that was in my suitcase, the cap was broken off and the whole bottle of Shampoo leaked out in my suitcase, my husband’s shaving foam bottle cap was also broken and my nail polish bottle was damaged. (This is clearly a sign of baggage mishandling)… On top of everything on our flight back from Kuala Lumpur to Johannesburg our flight was delayed for 3 hours…. I am not an unreasonable person and can understand it if one thing goes wrong on a holiday but I mean this is totally ridiculous!!!! Can someone from Malaysia Airlines please contact me.... [email protected]

MALAYSIA Airlines - The worse I have ever traveled with Nils Carlson Other Airline Complaints 8 Oct 8, 2009 2:37 AM
Malaysia Airlines: WORST experience! mochachocolate Other Airline Complaints 4 Jan 21, 2008 2:18 AM