Flying Blue Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Downgraded to Ivory level by Air France

Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:13 PM

Having been a Silver Flying Blue member for 2 years, I suddenly realized I had been downgraded to Ivory level without any notice and without any explanation.
My emails to AF just received automatic replies. AF customer service is really horrible. Chez Air France, le client n'est PAS roi!!!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Apr 27, 2013, 8:30 PM
Airline Employee (NOT OFFICIAL REP)

Originally Posted by shaft View Post
Having been a Silver Flying Blue member for 2 years, I suddenly realized I had been downgraded to Ivory level without any notice and without any explanation.
My emails to AF just received automatic replies. AF customer service is really horrible. Chez Air France, le client n'est PAS roi!!!
Have you done any flying or used any of their qualifying partners to maintain your status in the FFP? If not then you deserve to be downgraded.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 9:57 AM

The rules are clear. Like with any other FFP I know of, FB members need to requalify every year to maintain their status. The OP obviously did not fly enough on Skyteam carriers to meet the threshold. FFPs' status grant benefits (bonuses, additional baggage allowance...). Why should airlines be too generous towards someone who did not give them much business over the past qualifying period?
I am always surprised that people don't pay more attention to their miles which, to me, are like money.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:21 AM

Frequent flyer schemes are a con. Just book the most convenient and best priced flight for where you want to go and you will be better off. Unless you are an Elite, very, very frequent flyer, who's business pays the bills, FF programmes are simply not worth joining.