Old Mar 19, 2013, 2:26 AM
emreonair emreonair is offline

Join Date: Mar 2013
Thumbs down Don't lose your luggage on Lufthansa

Thanks to Lufthansa to ruin my vacation and business trip to Miami. I arrived to Miami by FRA-MIA flight at 16 march 5 pm. My luggage didn't show up. I filled up a lost luggage form. Everything looks fine for now because it happens. They told me that my luggage will come with the next flight which will be tomorrow at the same time. So they told me it will took 3 hours to clear the customs and other things and I could get my luggage by 17 march 8 pm. Looks fine. But I shouldn't have believed what they told me. I started waiting for that but it didn't come by then. So after then my calls start to your call center 1-877-234-3449. They were my travel mates during my stay in Miami because I haven't talked to anyone more than I talked to them.

They told me they can't deliver my bag before midnight. Ok I started waiting midnight it didn't show up as you may guess. In the morning of 18 march I called them again to ask my luggage. They told me it has already been delivered! But the reception refuses that they haven't been delivered any luggage. So for next 3 hours nobody knew where my luggage is! After 3 hours of investigation call center came up with new info. They told me it hasn't been delivered last night because they couldn't find the address so they took it back! I asked them why they didn't give a call to the reception even it was asked each time i talk to the call center which was clearly given in my contact info! As you may guess no reply!

But the adventure continues.. About 3 pm they promised me my luggage will be with me between 5-6 pm. That's fine I can wait couple more hours. I already checked out the hotel and waiting in front of the hotel to go somewhere else. But I cannot leave there without getting my luggage.

Sure they didn't bring it by 6 pm. Same story I had a call. They told me to wait a little bit more. I waited one more hour. Called again. They told me due to heavy traffic it lasted longer than expected. (By the way i am just 15 minutes far away from the airport) They called the delivery company and told me that my luggage will be with me in 10 to 15 minutes. It was about 7pm. That's fine but guess what it didn't show up again!

So I made another call about 8 pm. And this time they told me they will bring my luggage at midnight!

I was terribly upset, stuck in a place where I shouldn't be at, my vacation ruined, lost a lot of valuable hours and after waiting about 27 hours since my luggage arrived at airport and making more than 20 calls to the call center I don't even have an estimate what time I could get my luggage. This was so unacceptable.

It's now 10pm and after 29 hours since my luggage arrived at Miami airport I don't have any clue when I could get my luggage. The trouble continues...
Old Mar 26, 2013, 12:59 PM
emreonair emreonair is offline

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default You won't believe this!

Regarding my experience after Lufthansa lost my luggage:
16 March 2013
Thanks to Lufthansa to ruin my vacation and business trip to Miami. I arrived to Miami by FRA-MIA flight at 16 March 3 pm. My luggage didn't show up. I filled up a lost luggage form. They told me that my luggage will come with the next flight which will be tomorrow at the same time. So they told me it will took 5 hours to clear the customs and other things and I could get my luggage by 17 march 8 pm. Looks fine. But I shouldn't have believed what they told me.
17 March 2013
I started waiting for but it didn't come by then. So my calls started to the call center 1-877-234-3449. They were my travel mates during my stay in Miami because I haven't talked to anyone more than I talked to them.
After many calls that night finally they told me they can't deliver my bag before midnight. Ok I started waiting midnight it didn't show up as you may guess.
18 March 2013
In the morning of 18 March I called them again to ask my luggage. They told me it has already been delivered! But the reception did not verify that any luggage was delivered. So for next 3 hours nobody knew where my luggage was! After 3 hours of investigation call center came up with new info. They told me it wasn’t delivered last night because they couldn't find the address so they took it back! This info was declared to be false later on. I asked them why they didn't give a call to the reception even it was asked each time I talk to the call center which was clearly given in my contact info! As you may guess no reply!
But the adventure continues.. About 3 pm they promised me my luggage will be with me between 5-6 pm. That's fine I could wait couple more hours. I already checked out the hotel to stay at another place and waiting in front of the hotel to go somewhere else. So I did not want to leave there without getting my luggage.
Sure they didn't bring it by 6 pm. Same story I had a call. They told me to wait a little bit more. I waited one more hour. Called again. They told me due to heavy traffic it lasted longer than expected. (By the way I am just 20 minutes far away from the airport) They called the delivery company and told me that my luggage was on the way and will be with me in 10 to 15 minutes. It was about 7pm. That's fine but guess what, it didn't show up again!
So I made another call about 8 pm. And this time they told me they could not give any certain time but they will try to bring my luggage at midnight.
It was 10pm. I was terribly upset, stuck in a place where I shouldn't be at, my vacation ruined, lost a lot of valuable hours and after waiting about 31 hours since my luggage arrived at airport and making more than 20 calls to the call center I don't even have an estimate what time I could get my luggage. This was so unacceptable.
The trouble continues...
It wasn’t delivered in midnight also. Then I had to transfer to another hotel without my luggage. So another day of my precious trip to Miami was wasted by Lufthansa even if they promised to deliver it during the day.
19 March 2013
I called the call center as regular. That has been becoming my hobby. After reading all the notes that took about 20 minutes they told me that the delivery was probably made but not sure what time. So I called the hotel which I was staying to verify whether they received the luggage but they didn't get anything. So I was lost again.
During the day time I had to call them many times to get a clear and definite information regarding where my luggage is. Finally they told me that I should better talk with the delivery company! So here comes a new period in the pursuit of finding my luggage.
Then I started calling the delivery company. They were so sure that Lufthansa call center was giving me wrong information. They told me that my luggage has never been given to the delivery company by Lufthansa and it was staying in the airport for two days! You can’t imagine how much I ****** off due to the insufficient luggage tracking system and that I had to solve this problem by myself even talking with a subcontractor of Lufthansa considering Lufthansa was very responsible to deliver the luggage to me in a timely manner and efficient way.
The delivery company told me that they need to verify if my luggage is actually in the airport. After about an hour at 6 pm I talked with a person from the delivery company whose name is Eric. He informed me regarding the status of my luggage. According to him, my luggage was staying in the airport for two days and had never been loaded on the truck. I was so astonished with this info. Because this means that the call center was totally making up some stories about the status of my bag last two days. I asked this directly to Eric. His comment was very surprising: “They are bull****ting. They don’t know anything. They are located in Canada and making up stories”. In short, Eric told me to go to the airport and take my luggage myself. And I did that.
But Eric was so wrong! My luggage was not there also! I was totally frustrated. All I could think of at that moment was to find my bag and return back my home safe. And the responsible personnel don’t have any clue where my bag is. Apparently they don’t have a reliable tracking system of a lost luggage.
So they told me to go to my ex-hotel and check if it is there or not! That was being so ridiculous chasing after my bag. I told them “No! I will not go anywhere I will just call the police and tell them that you are hiding my luggage”. It was like a set-up joke scene. After then they told me that they will call my ex-hotel to check. That was so surprising because they were not sure whether they delivered it to the hotel or not. Rationally they should be sure about where they delivered the luggage, who received it, what time it was delivered and so on. It’s not a rocket science!
At last they called my ex-hotel and found out that my luggage was delivered there! Thanks God. Finally we succeed to find it.
They dropped it in my hotel but they had no clue about it! They learned it after calling the hotel and let them check if there is a luggage with my name on it. I waited about 30 minutes in the office for them to find the exact address of my bag. That was so unacceptable.
This could seem like a really long complain letter with many details. But believe me I am not giving many details and summary of the many other calls.
This is not how a business should be done. And I was shocked to see how an airline company could be this much disorganized and lack managing of a lost luggage.
Eric and Lufthansa employee was blaming the hotel not to deliver my luggage to me. That was so sad to see that they do not even know that they are responsible with my luggage until I receive it.
The entire incident was not handled properly. There was no system at all. Call center was just making the situation even worse by providing wrong information. There was no focus on passenger satisfaction. My experience is that there was no customer service at Lufthansa at least in Miami airport. The way how lost luggage management handled the problem was catastrophic.
Luggage lost is a common issue for airlines which shouldn’t be classified as a big deal. But the way they handle makes all the difference. I unfortunately already had a lost baggage problem with another major airline contrary to Lufthansa handled it in a very quick and efficient manner. They delivered my luggage to the exact location at the exact time what I had been advised beforehand. I am astonished by the poor quality of Lufthansa’s customer services. Main concern here is not about losing a luggage but the whole way lost luggage issue is handled and managed (or not managed).
I would like to publish my dissatisfaction to demonstrate as an example how extent a very well recognized company could manage a situation this much disorganized.
Tags...