Other Airline Complaints If we receive 10 complaints about an airline, we will create a specific section for it above.

Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:50 AM
Nike Laos Nike Laos is offline

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default Biman Bangladesh Airlines

Biman Bangladsh Airlines

Out of 3 flights, non without cancelation or delay!

I bought a ticket from Rome to Chittagong, and from Dhaka to Frankfurt three weeks later.
I also bought a ticket from Copenhagen to Rome and from Frankfurt to Copenhagen with another airline

My Rome flight was moved to the next day (from 17 Oct 11:45pm to.18 Oct 08:15am) causing me to miss my connection to Chittagong which delayed my trip 24 hours. This delay and detour because the Prime Minister wanted to travel at this time from Milano.
The Chittagong flight on the 19th was also late.

Going back from Dhaka to Frankfurt, where I had a connecting flight to Copenhagen more trouble arose.
According to my E-ticket my flight was to leave at 11:25 November 11th (this had already been changed onece). So I pulled up in the line where the young man said "To Frankfurt?" (note that the check-in staff didn´t suspect anything!) but at the counter they couldn´t find my ticket!
At Biman ticket office they announced that Frankfurt as a destination was canceled and that an e-mail was sent to inform me. He couldn´t show me what the e-mail said. I had NOT recieved any e-mail (checked all my trash bins etc.). My E-ticket did NOT show anything but the flight to Frankfurt "NONSTOP". Add to this that I sent an e-mail to Biman some days earlier to ask about the time change and why I had not been informed. Somthing I had heard through my friends traveling to Rome that same day.

I ended up flying to Rome after 1,5 hours of persuasion, paying for a hotel there and bying a new (!) ticket to Copenhagen on the 11th of Nov. Again beeing one day late to my destination and not beeing compensated for anything!

The experience with Biman was a great disappointment.
Tags...
bad customer service, bangladesh, biman bangladesh airlines, delayed/cancelled flights, dhaka