Old Feb 10, 2015, 11:07 PM
Arizonaguy Arizonaguy is offline

Join Date: Feb 2015
Thumbs down Cancer won't kill but it will void a ticket

My complaint is about customer relations and valuing the loyal flier. In January 2014, I booked tickets to Florida for Thanksgiving. In July, I was diagnosed with Stage II Prostate cancer and began 63 radiation treatments in October. I had a doctor’s note that I may be too fatigued to travel and I cancelled the flights. I then tried to get rebooking fees waived in a letter to US Air in December, stating, I did not know I’d get cancer when I booked.

Well, I never heard, went online, attached the cancer diagnosis,as well as a doctor’s note and the online response said: Your ticket expired on January 23, 2015, one year after issue. ..sorry.

Well, YES, there IS the policy. Then again, had I heard in a timely manner, it might have been resolved. My error in not noting the date? Yes. But companies have adjusted their own rules in certain situations of illness.

I have rebooked on US Air, paying my fare to go down FL as a rare opportunity to see family. I went today for blood work to see if they got the cancer.

I know that for airlines like US Air, decisions on rebooking really are discretionary and the “if we do it for you,we have to do it for everyone" answers holds no water. They have a product to sll anc ouldn't less if the product has it problems.. In many instances, Airlines show compassion and good will.well, not US Air.

The fact I paid full price for my upcoming April trip underscores my loyalty to AA/US Airways though I’m rather disappointed.

I wrote to a high exec there and got an answer from a reservation stooge.

Tip: Buy insurance, keep and eye on the dates and don't expect any human touch from US Airways.

Also, don't get cancer. It's a killer on reservations.
Tags...
cancer, expiration, fees, rebooking

Suggestion Cancer Not Enough Paul Silasvaage American Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 2, 2009 9:32 PM
Baggage Problems Choose Delta If You Want a Major Buzz Kill to a Great Vacation cg212 Delta Air Lines Complaints 8 Mar 10, 2009 4:11 AM
Baggage Problems Choose Delta If You Want a Major Buzz Kill to a Great Vacation cg212 Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Mar 7, 2009 1:20 AM
In-flight Issue Delta tried to kill me Jane Delta Air Lines Complaints 19 Oct 7, 2008 5:32 PM