Old Sep 11, 2008, 5:31 PM
Barbara Rennie Barbara Rennie is offline

Default Insufficient air conditioning AA Fl#1445 DFW to PHX

On 22 Aug 08, AA Fl#1445, from DFW to PHX, there was only one air conditioning pack on the flight. The pilot said that there was supposed to be at least 2. It was extremely hot for the entire flight making me ill. All other passengers seemed equally uncomfortable. The pilot apologized and recommended that passengers to complain to American Airlines. If I do not receive equitable compensation for my trouble, I will not fly American Airlines again and I will recommend to all I know not to fly American Airlines, where I have been a faithful customer for many years.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 5:55 PM
countrynewsman countrynewsman is offline

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Killeen, Texas

Let's see...you've been a faithful customer for many years and one incident will cause you to no longer fly American Airlines. And...you will go on a quest to make sure everyone knows what a horrible airline AA is. Hmmmm...I'm thinking that after a few more trips on other airlines, you'll finally rule them all out and take the bus.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 11:59 AM
john116 john116 is offline

Join Date: Jan 2009
Default Get over it

The temperature in Sydney today was around 107F all day. Heat happens. Be thankful you made it one piece. Based on the number of people AA have killed in crashes over the last 30 years, you should consider yourself lucky.

John
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:06 PM
Corbel Corbel is offline

Originally Posted by john116 View Post

John
?????????? killed people in crashes?? you make it sound like it was all on purpose.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:08 PM
Corbel Corbel is offline

did you get to point A-B on time or in a timely matter? did you get there safe? you got sick....yeah i got a cold on my last flight but im not blaming the airline...with the circulation in the air in the cabin...you might...just might get sick. i dont understand why people blame the airlines for getting sick. i got sick in high school....am i blaming the? NOPE!! point is you got to your destination safe...why cant you be happy
Old Jul 18, 2009, 1:36 AM
theodoesia theodoesia is offline

Join Date: Jul 2009

Dear Barbara,

I sympathize with you as I just completed the absolutely worst flight ever on an AA asset. Heat was just about intolerable, and what was I told "it's summer time". Okay, I must look stupid if they think I'm going to believe it's a "summertime" temperature at 36,000'. Good grief! I've been on many summertime flights and, yes, it's hot on the ground, but never at altitude before. I guess that global warming thingy is far worse than I thought...it extends all the way up to 36,000'.

And for you who want to make derogatory comments about those of us who are unhappy and have found a way to express our unhappiness...feel free! If you enjoy traveling on the commercial equivalent of a poorly equipped troop carrier and paying big bucks for it that's your business and it's mine if I don't. And while I'm at it, it's sooo chinzy, the $2.00 for a bottle of water (and you'll need it with the heat) and $15.00 to check a bag.

We all remember the airlines sad stories when oil was $150 a barrel, but it's less than half of that now. I guess AA is still paying that much, huh? It wouldn't surprise me, if they buy fuel like they sell service it's a given. AA, the old grey mare, she sure ain't what she used to be.

In-flight Issue Defective air conditioning on flight 903 from Miami to Ccs Berta American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 5, 2007 1:45 AM