Old May 21, 2009, 1:20 AM
lesws lesws is offline

Join Date: May 2009
Default AA doesn't really care

• One Hour flight SFO to LAX delayed two hours - no aircraft in SFO
  • Gate personal continually assures us we will make connecting flight at LAX
  • LAX flight departs gate as we enter LAX terminal (LAX flight is once a day flight to Kauai with next flight in 24 hours)
  • AA Customer Service denies hotel accomadation claiming weather delays at SFO; Our SFO flight landed and took off in 40 minutes. The problem was the flight from St. Louis arrived an hour and half late with no weather problems in St. Louis.
  • Our plane was an MD80; AA cancelled 1000+ flights due to electrical maintenance issues in the 3 day period of our flight date. Yet AA refused to acknowledge delay as their problem.
  • Return flight LAX to SFO 10 days later. At scheduled boarding call AA gate personal discover they have no flight crew. .
  • Fight is delayed over an hour.
  • Apologies from AA - NONE
  • I'm 54 years old. First flight on AA. Worst flight for above reasons as well as airline comfort and services I have ever been on.
  • Southwest waits for connecting flights. Jet Blue has entertainment electronics that work and seat space is more comfortable. Korean Air smiles while they assist you and while they are working you are important to them; Northwest (Air China) understands that your comfort means something, Alaska Airlines always courteous and helpfull even when things go bad.
  • I sure hope that the Federal Government doesn't decide that AA is one of those companies that is too big to fail. It needs to go and give up its gate space.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 8:55 PM
whetstone whetstone is offline

Join Date: Jun 2009

I agree completely. I just had an awful experience with AA customer service. They couldn't care less if they inconvenience you. But if you have to change flights, it's a $150 fee per ticket. For my crappy flight and missed connections and screaming baby all the way, they gave me a $50 voucher per ticket. What an insult. I'm done with American. Cancelled my AAdvantage membership and will never use the voucher. Let's not bail them out. They deserve to go under.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:34 PM
Cactus Joe Cactus Joe is offline

Join Date: Jul 2009

Me, too. 3 of 4 flights originally booked were canceled. Surly response from phone rep. One gate agent and one ticket counter person were ok--others not interested.

Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked AA Cancelled our Flights, Their Response: Flight Doesn't Exist AmericanAirIsFullOfCrap American Airlines Complaints 5 Jan 5, 2014 4:57 AM
Customer Service This airline just doesn't get it AAhaternow American Airlines Complaints 3 Oct 10, 2008 12:29 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked delta cancels flight and doesn't notify mparks Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Jun 10, 2008 1:14 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Why Delta doesn't respond? leighphillips Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 25, 2007 9:09 AM