Customer Service Have you had any problems with Continental's Customer Service? Have Continental employees treated you poorly?

Old May 27, 2008, 4:23 PM
Sharron Milne Sharron Milne is offline

Join Date: May 2008
Angry Continental "grants" they think they rule

I have an elctronic travel certificate from the balance of a ticket I had to change from June to October 2008. I am unable to travel now, and the balance is $81.60. I called to have it extended and spoke with "Fatima" who when could not resolve my issue sent to me "Franklin" who only could only take my name and information and someone would call me, in 48 hours.I ask for corporate number, she gave me 713-324-5000, which is the same area that I spoke to Franklin at. I regave my story to "Stacy Wash" who said they could not "grant" me an extension, but as a courtsey I could book something within 30 days for next year. Throw good money after bad money with this airline. I just wanted an extension of a year on my own money, and they continued to "grant" me a 30 day extension. I ask for upper management to resolve this, and was told there was no one at continental. So all these "big wig" people at continental do not deal with customer issues as they have little people who "grant things, as they rule. I really dislike this airlines, and I will not fly them again, and I will talk bad about them and I will find upper management and make them work.
Old May 29, 2008, 10:06 PM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

I have a couple of those continental travel cert. and they state they are good for only one year, i don't think they extend those by another year, (as long as I've been using them they haven't. Then again I use em before the year is up). but they do give you a 30 day grace period after it's expired, but no more. You're best bet, book a ticket with the travel certificate and that ticket will be good for one year of the purchase date, you might have to pay a change fee to change the trip but at least you'll have a ticket than to lose the money.
Old May 30, 2008, 10:45 PM
ChrisH ChrisH is offline

Join Date: Oct 2007
Send a message via AIM to ChrisH

What exactly is your problem? The travel certificate has an expiration date ... one year. If it is expired, it is expired. If they gave you 30 more days, be glad they at least gave you that. I seriously don't understand your issue. If there is an expiration date, and you knew it, than why are you complaining?

In-flight Issue Delta Shows Uncensored Version of "Knocked Up" In Coach! (Warning:Graphic Photos) aaron Delta Air Lines Complaints 6 Dec 21, 2008 7:08 PM
Baggage Problems Copy of complaint sent to NWA "customer service" lostinroute Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Mar 13, 2008 1:49 AM
Baggage Problems Baggage "Lost" for a month at Airport of Origin Kella American Airlines Complaints 1 Nov 21, 2007 6:03 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Flight canceled "3" times - Dallas to Houston Hobb Ronnie American Airlines Complaints 0 Jul 5, 2007 12:18 AM