Old May 3, 2007, 6:55 PM
Cathir Cathir is offline

Join Date: May 2007
Default SkyMiles Marketing Promos do the Opposite

I have recently encountered issues trying to register for Delta SkyMiles promotions. Although I am within the terms and conditions (and have received an email from them to register for the promotion), I am still unable to register.

I was on hold with Delta SkyMiles, tech support, online support, and customer service for a total of almost three hours yesterday trying to get this resolved. I had to fax the email promotion to multiple people, as I was told they use outside vendors for marketing, and that customer service does not have access to all the promotions so cannot look up information or answer any questions about them. In the end, I was told to 'keep trying' the defunct link as a solution.

It is inconceivable that they are trying to gain business this way. I was trying to register for the promotion to get double miles for a direct flight trip, but ended up taking my business to American Airlines, with a layover, rather than give my business to Delta. I was frustrated, disappointed, and angry.

Frequent Flyer Program SkyMiles computer glitch scam? Carolina Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Sep 6, 2007 4:52 AM