Old Aug 5, 2009, 9:37 AM
sfumatostar sfumatostar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2009
Default Etihad Airways - restrictive baggage policy for students

I am a student who is flying Etihad from Mumbai--Toronto on Sep 1. My grievance is the foll: Why does Etihad airways blatantly disregard the request of student passengers for baggage allowance; this is the only major airline that disallows an extra piece of baggage during the peak fall term.

Ours is a legitimate request and I appeal to the authorities concerned at Etihad to take measures to build customer goodwill and review their dogged position toward students.

Ashim
Old Aug 5, 2009, 4:37 PM
Gromit801 Gromit801 is offline

The smart student ships everything but a carry on bag, ahead of them.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:21 PM
sfumatostar sfumatostar is offline

Join Date: Aug 2009

And incur the gargantuan shipping cost? Doesnt seem smart to me unless I am missing something
Old Aug 5, 2009, 5:50 PM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

Originally Posted by sfumatostar View Post
At least by shipping it with FedEX or a similar shipper your items are insured for damage or loss, you'll know when to expect delivery and your items can be tracked every step of the way. The airlines will make no such guarantees and forget about insuring your things.
Old Aug 5, 2009, 6:36 PM
abutterfinger25 abutterfinger25 is offline
US Department of Transportation Employee

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Washington Metro Area

Originally Posted by sfumatostar View Post
Ashim:

You kind of answered your own question here with the phrase peak fall term. While I confess that I do not know the peak travel season for your route, many carriers will limit the number of bags a passenger can check during peak travel times so that they can get everyone's bags on board and not be forced to leave some behind.

I know that many carriers limit the number of bags from the US to Latin American around the December holidays for just this reason.

Customer Service Etihad Airways - terrible experience zubairn Etihad Airways Complaints 7 Jun 30, 2013 3:06 AM
Customer Service ETIHAD airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 8 Oct 20, 2008 7:22 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways Manzrek Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Oct 15, 2008 3:51 AM
Customer Service Etihad Airways kavioka Etihad Airways Complaints 5 Oct 8, 2008 1:10 PM
Customer Service Etihad Airways - Appalling Service NidgeX Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Nov 8, 2007 10:40 AM