Old Mar 24, 2011, 4:17 PM
stan333 stan333 is offline

Join Date: Mar 2011
Default bait and switch

Contacted United many times by phone, email, mail. etc. and had one letter sent back that did not address a "bait and switch". On or about 9-25-10, I made a reservation from Providence to Honolulu leaving on the 11th of Dec. #SNTDNW. ticket #0162114073714 and asked to have an upgrade to business. I charged the fare on my credit card and was charged 35,000 miles on mileage plus. At NO time at booking and upgrading was I informed af any extra charges(or specific amount$$) for this upgrade. At the time of having the ticket printed on the 10th of Dec., I was informed that there was an additional charge of $300. I called and was told that I should have been informed at booking and they were sorry, but nothing could be done. They gave me the option to go back to coach, but the flight was full and only middle seats were available. Because of the long flight and lack of good seating, I paid the $300. Thought this was the end of my problem, but was again charged another $300 on my return. Little to no information was given when paying for the first $300. Was given the impression that the first $300 was for the round trip.

If United had addressed the issue promtply and properly, I may hve let this issue pass, but they basically ducked the issue of the bait and switch and still will not address it. This is bad policy and should be addressed in a serious manor..Thank you for any help in this matter.

Stan Henshaw

Frequent Flyer Program AA Bait-and-Switch Dick Arentz American Airlines Complaints 7 Oct 18, 2011 8:15 PM
Reservations Website "best fare" BAIT AND SWITCH ssuber Delta Air Lines Complaints 9 Aug 2, 2010 7:38 AM
Customer Service Blatant robbery! Shameless bait and switch! cloudhme Customer Service 5 Jun 5, 2010 12:10 AM
Suggestion Why do I hate to pay so much $$ to switch?? marybethtyson Delta Air Lines Complaints 1 Jul 7, 2009 4:56 AM
Customer Service Southwest Airlines Bait & Switch Frequenty Flier Southwest Airlines Complaints 1 Apr 2, 2009 11:07 PM