Old Dec 18, 2014, 4:07 AM

Default Had to validate credit card in person to cancel res

Have never been subjected to this kind of harassment before, in order to cancel our fully refundable first class ticket, Etihad insisted we had to physically have the credit card we used "validated" by them. They (at first) insisted I had to go to New York ticket office to have it validated - I live in San Francisco! I went to the San Francisco Airport counter, where the counter person was very helpful, and she validated our credit card and cancelled the reservation. Have gone weeks now without a refund because that has to go through New York office, and no one there is doing anything. Having to take it to court because no one from Etihad can do anything except the NY office, which has been unwilling to communicate despite multiple emails with their San Francisco ticket office. Also had multiple calls with Abu Dhabi, and they insist it has to go through anyway office. It is thievery, pure and simple, and these crooks should be prevented from doing business in the US with business practices like this.
Tags...
Tags
court, crooks, lawsuit, refund, theft

More options...