Etihad Guest Complaints

Worst airline guest service

Old Apr 21, 2017, 5:20 AM
Alta de Villiers Alta de Villiers is offline

Join Date: Apr 2017

I had the following conversation on Etihad today Facebook that now suddenly became unavailable to see…WONDER WHY??? Sorry Etihad…I kept a copy…
You can try and block all your customers on Social Media, unfortunately it will not resolve your company problem of VERY VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
My conversation:
I have lodged a complaint with Etihad Airlines in August 2016 and still trying to get an answer from you. The reason for my complaint was:
I booked a ticket via phone using my guest miles. The person making the booking realized after everything was confirmed he made a mistake (still do not understand how you can confirm a booking, deduct money from your client,s account and deduct guest miles without realizing you can not make this booking). I was told I'll receive a Booking Confirmation e-mail. When I did NOT receive the confimation I phoned Etihad to ask them to send me the confirmation. This is when I was told that "sorry we cancelled the booking" - without any knowledge from my side - as they stated they could not get hold of me? They said my money and my guest points would be refunded and I have to rebook. After several e-mails, phone calls (from my side) as Etihad can NEVER get hold of me I received an e-mail with some sort of apology regarding their booking mistake and the following words "In light of the above, our reservations team immediately cancelled and refunded your ticket from Abu Dhabi to Johannesburg. You should receive the refund directly in your credit card (regarding the cash amount paid), and the 117,000 miles should be refunded directly into your Etihad Guest account" . This mail was send 20 August 2016 by an Ethihad Guest Relationship Officer. Today is the 21st April 2017 and after numerous calls to ETIHAD I,m still waiting for this to happen and get the issue resolved. NOBODY IN ETIHAD SEEM TO BE ABLE TO KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I GET TOLD TO CONTACT THIS NUMBER AND THEN THAT NUMBER.
I am really getting a bit tired of this game Etihad is playing with clients, and see numerous complaints on websites regarding your customer relationship help, yet nobody seem to care about it. Don't worry - I did not rebook with Etihad again and my flights to South-Africa on Qatar and Emirates Airlines was with "Excellent Service"
I really hope someone in Etihad CARE enough about CLIENTS to resolve these issues and improve ETIHAD GUEST CLIENT SERVICES.
Etihad Airways Hi Alta, we just need your RQID for identification, thank you *Dino
Alta De Villiers RQID:473330
Etihad Airways Thank you *Dino
Etihad Airways Our team has replied to you on 20 August 2016. Please check your spam inbox *Dino
Alta De Villiers Did you even bother to read my COMPLAINT. If you did you would see that I DO NOT NEED TO CHECK MY SPAM, as I HAVE mentioned this e-mail of the 20th in my complaint....BUT WHAT THE E-MAIL ON THE 20th SAID WHOULD HAPPEN STILL DID NOT HAPPEN!!!! YOU CAN GO AND CHECK MY ACCOUNT AND GUEST POINTS AND THEN TRY AGAIN. THIS IS THE TYPICAL SERVICE OF ETIHAD THAT I WAS JUST COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!

Check-in / Boarding Worst Airline Service Ever - Do not Travel through Etihad darshan Etihad Airways Complaints 0 Jan 15, 2017 2:55 AM
In-flight Issue Europes Worst Airline - Insect in food, worst customer service amitsharma Turkish Airlines Complaints 0 Dec 8, 2016 1:28 AM
Customer Service Worst customer service of any airline worldtraveler Other Airline Complaints 0 Aug 11, 2016 1:39 PM
Customer Service Air Arabia worst Customer Service and Airline Nazly Other Airline Complaints 0 May 22, 2016 6:42 PM