AAdvantage Complaints

Have you tried using your miles or elite status but encountered problems? Had any problems earning mileage?

Aadvantage rewards useless

Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:21 PM

Re aadvatage members. was member for about 15 years, started with XXXX before USAir merge. Tried to uses 50,000 reward miles, only had 47,000. Bought 3,000 miles, charged me $88 for the miles, plus tax, plus $30 processing fee, plus $150.00 expedited fees. During transactions, there is NO WHERE online that mentions the expedited fees. The only place I can find them is under the AA.com site on another tab. trying to correct this, I spoke to customers service in aadvantage this morning, unsatisfied, asked for supervisor. She was unable to help, as it cost me $275.00 total plus used 23,000 award miles for the ticket which would have cost me $300 outright to purchase without redemption. She said its our customary fees, nothing we can do. We asked to speak to another supervisor, but she said she is the superior on duty and no one there any higher than her or that can help in any way.
I am unable to make sense of this, their customer service needs revamping. End result, I will never fly AA again, plus cancelled my aadvantage card.
VERY poor communication, disrespect, and no logic. How is it that American can enter $180.00 fees for typing in the info for redemption, but they do not have any way to type in info for refund when requested? Customer service is not in any way helpful, and perhaps the website design also needs to be readdressed.
Funny last thought, they awarded me 5,000 points for the transaction!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:33 PM

In June I booked 2 tickets from Barcelona to Chicago for 40,000 miles each. At that time an overnight stay in Philadelphia was required. I now see on AA's website there are many flights with seats on the same day but each ticket requires a minimum of 65,000 AAdvantage miles. Once again, American is gouging the passengers and rewarding useless miles.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Tags
excessive processing fees, poor customer service, reward miles, unexpected charges