In-flight Issue
COMPLAINT: You want to charge me for being disabled?

Old Jul 16, 2016, 10:10 PM

I recently flew with Alaska Airlines and had problems on my fight away as well as my flight home. I could not believe that they expected me to pay $30 per person to sit in a disability seat. My wife uses a wheelchair and I have to assist her with everything, including use of the restroom. My wife is 94 years old and I am 76. We also had a home care worker with us who is 66 years old. Instead of trying to accommodate our needs they never once asked the young people who clearly were not disabled to trade seats with us. On my flight home someone was retrieving their bag from the cabinet above my seat and a can fell from the cabinet hitting me in the head. I ended up having a terrible headache, got no apology from the man, and when I wanted to talk to someone about the incident I was told by the flight attendant that they did not handle those type of issues and she did not know who did. Overall I had a terrible flight experience with Alaska and will not be using this airline in the future.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Replies:

Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:37 AM

I do have to ask.. whats a disibility seat? i never heard that term before?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook