-Flight 1774 was continually delayed from 8 PM until it was cancelled at
11 PM because no crew could be found to fly the plane. We were in a terminal that was all United flights with over 130 gates!
-Phoned to re-book flight. Was re-booked on Flight 1774 on January 8th.
-Waited in "Customer Service" line for 2 hours to get a hotel (we were towards the front of the line).
-Arrived at hotel at 2:30 AM without our luggage, coats, winter footwear or contact solution.
- Only had $30 in food vouchers for the entire day.
-Arrived at airport at 4 PM because we were told to get there early.
-Flight 1774 kept posting delays from 8 PM to 1 AM because there wasn't an aircraft released for our crew to fly. There was an aircraft sitting there with the exact configuration we needed. Both the flight attendant and pilot phoned to get permission to take this plane but it was denied.
-Arrived at Fort Lauderdale at 4 AM. Still had to drive to Palm Beach where we arrived at 5 AM.
What this delay cost us:
- 2 nights sleep
- 2 days in Palm Beach for a holiday that we had been planning for 10 months
- 2 nights hotel that we had to still pay for $558 x 2 = $1116
- 3 pairs of contact lenses $60
- It took 32 hours for us to get from Newark to Fort Lauderdale with 18 of those hours spent waiting at the Newark Airport. We could have driven there in less time!
One night we didn't fly because they couldn't find a crew for our plane and the next night they couldn't find a plane for our crew!
For all of this, they offered me $100 off my next flight! When hell freezes over will I fly with them again.