Experienced problems during check-in or boarding?

Ripped Off

Old Aug 14, 2008, 2:09 AM

Join Date: Aug 2008

I purchased an airline ticket for my young daughter on Expedia from Chicago to Tampa on US Airways. She was dropped off at the US Airways terminal
1 1/2 hours prior to departure. I later found in VERY VERY small print on my email from Expedia that US Airways was being "operated by: United for Ted". Apparently my daughter was suppose to go to the United terminal instead of the useless US Airways terminal where no one helped her. Needless to say she missed her flight. Things got worse when I attempted to get help from Expedia and US Airways and neither one would book her on another flight without charging an additional $900.00 dollars....that's outrageous!!!!!!!!!

Buyer BEWARE when using Expedia and US Airways!!!

Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:07 AM
Silent Bob Silent Bob is offline

Location: NY NY

You can exclude US airways as they are not the ones responsible for your daughter missing the flight. Best they can do is point her in the right direction. I think expedia could and SHOULD make these things more clearer.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 11:38 AM
Corbel Corbel is offline

i did the same thing about 2 months ago in chicago. i was on a USair flight but operated by UA. we got off at the usair terminal, but when we checked in we found out we should have been at terminal 1 (not 2) for UA, so we walked back over there. easy mix up for anybody, even an airline employee lol
Old Aug 14, 2008, 3:56 PM
abutterfinger25 abutterfinger25 is offline
US Department of Transportation Employee

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Washington Metro Area

When you purchase a ticket on-line, the company is required to inform you who is actually operating the flight. This disclosure is supposed to occur before you even purcahse the flight.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:18 AM

Join Date: Aug 2008

Thanks to everyone for responding to my frustration. Just a couple of things I should add. The US Airways employee that told my daughter she was in the wrong terminal would not help her instead she took her break instead. We are talking about a 16 year old traveling alone and not familiar with O'Hare and where and what she should do. As for Expedia they told me there was nothing they could do to help me.

Expedia is a site me and my family will not ever use again.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 3:37 AM
Leatherboy2006 Leatherboy2006 is offline

Join Date: Nov 2007

While USAirways may not have handled this to well, am I the only one that has a problem with someone, who is now upset about this incident, just dropping a 16 year old off at Ohare airport(one of the biggest airports in the country?) Were is parental responsiblity? So I feel part of the blame goes to the parents for dumping their child off at Ohare by herself
Old Aug 16, 2008, 5:19 AM
Corbel Corbel is offline

not sticking up for anybody, but i travelled alone at ord when i was 16. however, i was kind of use to that airport being there with my parents. but leatherboy is right, if i had a child i would pay for the parking and make sure my daughter is checked in before i leave. part of the responsibility is on the parent.
Old Aug 16, 2008, 2:32 PM

Join Date: Aug 2008

I agree it would have been better if my sister would have parked her car and helped my dtr with the process of checking in but that still does not minimize the airlines responsibility of guiding people in the right direction and Expedia providing clear and accurate information.

Customer Service Delta Airlines are liars and they RIPPED ME OFF! bartrobinson Delta Air Lines Complaints 5 Sep 18, 2009 4:43 PM
Customer Service US Air Ripped Us Off Good! brichar Customer Service 0 Jul 31, 2008 4:33 AM
Customer Service Delta Ripped Me Off!!! kent_snyder Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 May 28, 2008 3:02 PM
Check-in / Boarding Delta ripped me off! frequentflyer7T American Airlines Complaints 0 Apr 15, 2008 12:46 AM
Customer Service Group Travelers Ripped Off DeborahATL Delta Air Lines Complaints 0 Mar 14, 2008 9:29 PM