FREE SPIRIT Complaints

Lost my miles

Old Sep 24, 2009, 12:59 AM
luribe luribe is offline

Join Date: Sep 2009

I have been accumulating my miles for a free ticket to Colombia for the Holidays. I also have the Spirit masterCard to "protect" my miles from expiring. Today I received my electronic statement, and much to my surprise all but 21 miles were gone! Expired! Lost! I had no prior notice, no forwarning, nothing! I need the miles to get the ticket....HELP!

Old Sep 24, 2009, 4:16 AM
PHXFlyer PHXFlyer is offline

According to the T&Cs you must use your card for a purchase at least once during each billing period in order to keep miles that are more than six months old from expiring. Did you perhaps go more than one month without using your MasterCard? If so then Spirit can wipe out all miles which were earned more than six months prior without warning. It doesn't look like you have any recourse in the matter since it is in the T&Cs of the program and was probably included in the T&Cs for the card when it was first mailed to you. The first time you used the card you agreed to those T&Cs. Sorry but it looks like your miles are gone for good.

If I may add, this program, quite frankly, sucks. If most of your mileage earning activity is from credit card use you'd be much better off with one of the legacies to earn miles for a trip to South America.

Last edited by PHXFlyer; Sep 24, 2009 at 4:18 AM.

UA Stole My 100,000+ Miles Ex-UAFrequentFlyer Mileage Plus Complaints 8 Jan 2, 2011 2:13 PM
88,176 Free Spirit Miles Rip Off cashfund1 FREE SPIRIT Complaints 1 Feb 26, 2009 2:01 PM
Hard Time Redeeming Miles biged 310 FREE SPIRIT Complaints 0 Jun 14, 2008 5:14 AM
Customer Service Reedeeming Free Spirit Miles biged 310 Spirit Airlines Complaints 0 Jun 14, 2008 5:12 AM