COMPLAINT: Spirit is the worst airline

Old May 6, 2011, 5:53 PM
sandysofia0982 sandysofia0982 is offline

Join Date: May 2011

I planned my vacation with my husband and a group of friends. We found a great deal one way to miami in Jet Blue I love jet blue!!..and one way to New york in Spirit.

First of all Spirit charges your baggage AND your carry on, only your personal item is free..really????? only my purse!!! that's insane. They don't guarantee your seat right next to your group, if you want to you can pay an extra $10 to guarantee each seat. The maximun weight for your baggage is 40 lbs, in other airlines like jet blue is 50 lbs and FREE!!. If you happen to have 45 lbs they charge you beside the $30 to check in, they charge an extra 25$. So how much are you saving, if you have to pay for your luggage, your carry on, your seat..ohhh!! and if you want water they charge you as well...Jet Blue gives you a complementary drink and snack. So really how much are you saving??? NOTHING!!

Not only they charge you for everything, the seats are so uncomfortable, you don't even have space to strech your legs. I'm 5 months pregnant, and I could barely fit. To go to the bathroom everyone in the line had to get up.

Is the last time I fly with Spirit Airline!!!!

Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:01 AM
kato2006 kato2006 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2011

Needed the savings for 2 to Chicago for brother's funeral
out of DFW.
AA priced @ $1300.00
NK priced @$312.00 2 tickets

This is where the scam came
35.00 per bag
2 bags 70.00
1 bag over limit fee by 3 pounds an additional 25.00
2 purchased pre reserved seats 10.00 each (40.00) roundtrip
return baggage fees
66.00 for 2 bags
lighten the load on return back to Dallas.

Highway robbers. Poor customer service ,pricing formula to
a la carte this many fees.
Add these cost in the price of your ultra low pricing
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:02 AM
kato2006 kato2006 is offline

Join Date: Sep 2011

Spiritless!!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:22 PM
defensemn1 defensemn1 is offline

Join Date: Oct 2011

Mr. Baldanza,

I am a frequent flier that accrues in excess of 150K actual flight miles/year. For a quick trip to Chicago from NYC I decided to give your airline a try because the price was so attractive. I haven’t even flown yet but I can assure you that this has already been an absolutely miserable experience. The likelihood of me, my family or any of my direct reports flying on Spirit is non-existent going forward.

I spoke to a lady, Neeni (? Spelling) in customer service as I wanted to check in on-line. She lied to me. First she told me that I still owed $100. When I protested that I owed nothing she changed it to $10. I told her that I was going to pay nothing extra and she said that she would credit my account. I questioned as to whether she was crediting and not charging my account and she assured me that I would not be charged. BOLD FACED LIE! When I went to attempt to check in again there was an additional 10 dollar charge for a credit towards a future flight. There will be no future flight for me on your airline.. I told her that I needed to check in and print a boarding pass. She assured me that I would be able to print same. Again, your website didn’t allow me to print a boarding pass. I now have to arrive even earlier at LGA tomorrow to deal with that.

My confirmation code for tomorrow’s flight is ------

Mr. Baldanza, if we ran our business like Spirit runs their business, patients would expire and we would be out of business. I'd rather walk that fly your airlines.

Extremely disappointed customer,

Customer Service Spirit Airlines: Worst COMPANY Ever uadmilda Spirit Airlines Complaints 13 Nov 17, 2013 10:08 AM
Customer Service Keep up the Spirit (not the airline) Skipper Spirit Airlines Complaints 2 Sep 29, 2011 6:45 PM
Customer Service Spirit Airline NEVER AGAIN! robertatlanta Spirit Airlines Complaints 4 Sep 29, 2011 6:37 PM
volaris worst airline!!! gonzalezjen Other Airline Complaints 0 Jan 26, 2011 5:18 AM
Canceled / Delayed / Overbooked Spirit Airline is the worst. flyingsucks Spirit Airlines Complaints 9 Aug 7, 2009 1:28 PM